Exhaust change

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Paul George, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Paul George

Paul George New Member

Hi new user so thanks in advance for any feedback. I'm looking to attach a Leo Vince exhaust in place of the original. I've been told there's a good chance the engine management system light will come on. Is there a way this can be done without this happening..?

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hiya Paul, and welcome.

Can't help with your exhaust question, but there's many who will.;)

3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

When you remove the original exhaust, you will need to turn the servo wheel which operates the exhaust flapper. Now disconnect the cable and put the exhaust to one side. Now you're ready to fit the new exhaust. Fire it up and listen to your new lovely exhaust, but note you will see the èngine management light on the dash. At first you will think oh shit .....What have I done!!!! Don't worry though, switch the ignition Off, turn the servo wheel back to its original position and the engine management light will now be off. Of course you can turn it back as soon as you've disconnected the cable at the begining but I'm just going through the motions!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Hi Paul i have Leo Vince fitted to my blade, not problems at all mate.

5. hitch

hitch Elite Member

When I fitted my Race Fit can I knew nothing of the potential engine management light issue, as PauloHRC says it’s simply a case of making sure the servo motor wheel is not molested out of its original resting position, then you’ll be fine. No issues in my case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Paul George

Paul George New Member

Absolutely brilliant thank you.... I will report back once I've tried this....