Exhaust Flapper

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Mike S, May 30, 2016.

1. Mike S

Mike S Active Member

When I disconnected the cable from the servo wheel yesterday and fired her up the engine management system warning light started flashing. So I hooked the cable back up and the flashing continued !

I then removed the cable once more, repositioned the servo wheel as best I could (see photo), fired her up once more and it seems to have done the trick as the warning light is no longer flashing. Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated. Is the repositioning of the servo wheel that critical ? I've not had the time to road test yet....

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#1 Mike S, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  2. Mr OCD

Mr OCD Well-Known Member

Mark servo wheel were it is, remove cable. Then rotate servo wheel back to where you marked it ...

Simples ;)

3. Mike S

Mike S Active Member

I wish I'd done that with 20/20 hindsight but I didn't so I'll never actually know the original starting point. However a video I found on you tube showed the positioning the same as my photo so I'm hoping that's the same on all Blades ? Mine is a 2013 model. As I say the position shown in the photo is hopefully my "fix" and no warning lights are now flashing ! Fingers crossed.....

4. Mr OCD

Mr OCD Well-Known Member

Some research before you started would have been a good idea ... ;)

It will be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. callumw

callumw Active Member

Just an FYI, but if you go on to swap the exhaust with a slip-on which has no no cat converter, then you'll be removing the MAF sensor from the pipework.
    So you'll need a resistor to plug into the female side of the MAF sensor cable to blank it off.

They're cheap, but they stop the engine light that will once more pop up on your dash ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mike S

Mike S Active Member

My fix seems to have done the job. I've had a couple of trouble free rides and the Blade is running just fine and I do prefer the louder can at all times :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1