Exhaust help !!!

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Stuzza11, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I have a black edition on mine, stock ecu will only correct up to about 5% fuel error so still runs lean on the bottom end, minimum you can do is an ecu reset after fitting the exhaust, this will then make the ecu re-learn the fuel map
    I have fitted a thermistor on the air intake set up on mine, this tells the ecu to put more fuel in as it thinks the temp is slightly lower
    It works while accelerating but then when at a fixed throttle the closed loop takes over and will correct. you can buy these from Deemon tweeks but I paid a couple of pounds for the thermistors
    I may in the future buy a pc
    I did have issues with mine hunting on tickover before the fuel mod.

2. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

O2 is also referred to as monitoring as in on/ off for rich and normal running. My understanding is it is alway in the loop not just during idle. The ECU ignores the signal in instances like acceleration, cold engine running. It’s main purpose is to protect the cat from being damaged by unburnt fuel getting to it.
    A/f sensor is a totally different kettle of fish it’s signal varies with the burnt fuel mixture with ECUs which can read it.
    The 2010 ECU can only read O2 signals