Exhaust servo motor

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Keith dennett, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Keith dennett

Keith dennett New Member

Hi..when fitting an aftermarket slip on exhaust do you have to remove the exhaust cables? Is there Any vids or how to install on here please...thn

2. levin

levin Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Keith dennett

Keith dennett New Member

That's the o2 sensor..what about the servo motor cables that open the exhaust flap..how do u remove them

4. levin

levin Active Member

Watch it again, he lifts the seat and removes the servo and unhooks the cable , it's a simple job

5. levin

levin Active Member

@ 4 mins into the vid

6. Keith dennett

Keith dennett New Member

After doing this removal does the bike still run ok or do u need a servo buddy plug in

7. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

As long as the servo thinks that the cable is still attached it will run fine, only disconnect if you have a servo buddy as it will throw up an error code

8. raphael

raphael Elite Member

just mark where the wheel it is so you can get it back to the right position that way you wont get any faults up on the dash, my bike ran ok with it removed, just sounded a bit louder below 4k

9. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Yes all you have to do is remove the cable from the servo, to do this you will have to wind the wheel round a little to let out a bit of slack then simply pop it out. The cable will remain connected to the original exhaust, just make sure you wind the wheel back round to its original position or it will throw up an error on the dash like @raphael just said, that happened to me so wound it back to where it was and the error disappears, i removed the cowling underneath the seat unit to access the servo motor.......Simple job!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Keith dennett

Keith dennett New Member

Hi team..done the removal and wound the servo wheel back ...the bike did run..so while I was making adjustments to the clamp to make sure there was no air leaks and was happy..now the bike don't start lol....

11. Keith dennett

Keith dennett New Member

Now my dash has gone crazy..all lights on the dash are flashing..indicators are all flashing and bike won't turn over..fucked lol

12. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Woah!!! Not sure what's happened there mate, like I said it's pretty straight forward. Maybe disconnect the battery to reset everything and try again?? Hope you sort it Keith!

13. Keith dennett

Keith dennett New Member

Phew..sorted it..it was my battery..must of flatten it while I was testing...Zoom zoom..pop pop bang

14. Keith dennett

Keith dennett New Member

Even spent out on a servo eliminator..money wasted...

15. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

You live and learn Keith haha ......glad you got it sorted. Where abouts are you based mate??

16. Keith dennett

Keith dennett New Member

Yeah need to get a shido battery.....and I'm loving the akra gp pipe sounds good even with the baffle in...happy happy now..and I've used that eliminator anyway..ripped out the lumpy servo as it dies nothing now...I'm from the south coast fareham near portsmouth