fault codes 21 23. faulty ecu?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by jamie meads, Feb 1, 2016.

1. jamie meads

jamie meads New Member

I had my bike mapped today at hm racing and the guy said codes 21 23 come up. 21 23 is o2 sensor and cat heater or something.

Anyway all cables, connectors, o2 eliminator are all ok i have checked them. now after hours of researching the net it seems there are quite a few posts about this and its not actually a issue with the bike its an issue with the ecu, a few posts point that the ecu has a bug and numerous people have come across this. to fix it apparently a new ecu or an ecu flash is required.

has anyone heard of this?

on another note - when removing the pair system there is a connector that goes to the air actuator have you all unplugged this and left it unplugged without issue? its the one that comes from the left hand side. he mentioned this may cause an issue but while looking around the only bikes i can find an issue with this is the suzuki as they sell the plugs to block it off, similar to the o2 sensor plug.

cheers ;)

2. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

When u say bike mapped was it remapped via bazazz or dyno jet fuel controllers?

What all has been done to the bike?

How did you check the o2 eliminator?

What did the guys at hm say to remedy the issue?

3. jamie meads

jamie meads New Member

yeah mate a Dyno jet pc5 was used for the map and a switch for the different maps. (baffle in and out.)

The bikes had a bit done. full exhaust, filter, service, chain sprockets, quick shifter, pc5, pair valve removal.

to diagnose o2 sensor I turned the bike on no fault light, turned it off removed the o2 eliminator turned it back on and instantly the fault light comes on. I have never actually seen this fault light come on regarding 21 23 but then today being mapped was the first time its been ridden since i done everything. although i have started it and got it red hot. the wheel had not actually turned.

the guy in hm didnt really know what to say he said possibly the o2 eliminator is faulty (but i proved that) and he said might be because i removed the pair system and removed the air actuator. He said its not a major problem as we know that there is nothing wrong there, but you do not want to miss an actual fault if im presuming its on because this 21 and 23 fault.

4. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

U cannot go around with FI red light on
    wtf , go to some professionist!
    by the way an honda dealer can read the ecu and tell U (also reset all)
    Get a new o2 eli.

my 20 cents

5. Pgm

Pgm Member

HM racing aren't a Honda dealer but are very good at what they do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jamie meads

jamie meads New Member

yes they are! not only do they make some excellent kit the service and workman ship is awesome. the amount of advise and information tony gave me was priceless, they are all top blokes too as i had to wait for 4 hours all where friendly and helpfull. theres some confusion hm can and will look at it but the bike was just there to be mapped and if its something i can fix myself i would rather do that then paying them to do it. but after searching the net it looks like it may be a trip back to hm and fork out for it to be investigated and fixed properly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

it s your problem , not mine
    if you are happy ;)