FI light 2008 blade

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by roxyk, Jun 9, 2018.

1. roxyk

roxyk New Member

Firstly I have already searched the forum and google as there are tons of similar threads but didn't find the answer.

Few weeks ago FI light came on on my 08 blade and didn't go away. It's not flashing so I can't get the code.

It's always on except I noticed that sometimes when I change gears it seems to go away for a split of a second then is back on. It happened when I was going both down and up the gear but not always only sometimes, and usually only when I hit around 5k rpm when changing gears but also noticed it when changing gears at a bit lower rpm around 4k. This is the only time I saw FI light going away.

I thought there could be a short somewhere since light is always on but in that case light wouldn't go away (even if it's just for a split of a second) when changing gears?

I tried to reset the ECU but that didn't help. (If I did it correctly that is. I have disconnected battery overnight, put battery back in, started the bike and waited for first fan kicking in without touching the throttle, switched off and back on. Also read somewhere to use killswitch instead of switching it off with the key so tried that too but light was still on).

I've got Taylor made exhaust fitted so had to take the cable that goes to the bottom of servo motor out. The main servo motor plug is still connected (checked the wires for any breaks and made sure is connected properly). I got Taylor made exhaust in the winter and FI light only came on about a month ago, was fine earlier so not sure if that would cause it.

Also my HESD light is always on. Not sure if this is related but HESD light only came on few weeks ago. I can't test if steering damper is working using testing procedure as this test doesn't work while FI light is on.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hello and welcome. Some great mileages you've been putting together!:cool:

Can't help with the technical stuff, but I'm sure someone will offer tips shortly.