Finally took the LFP battery plung!

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by bonjo, Nov 25, 2019.

1. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

With the colder temperatures, my cheap battery started to struggle so kept my word( to myself!)that I will get a lithium one.
    I decide on aliant which is not an exact fit but liked the specs.
    It took me a day to make & fit terminal extenders.
    The engine started so fast, I could believe it and that’s without any charging and at 3*c
    Same super quick start up and thanks to the weather the bike has stood still and the battery level has dropped by 0.01V over a week.
    So far I’ve been very impressed

the draw backs are the battery cost and the addition of yet another charger that’s LFP compatible.
    It’ll carry on impressing me during my winter rides

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dave86

Dave86 Member

I am in the same boat and bought a different brand lithium last week. Weighs so little and cranks very fast now, I'm converted to Lithium now, love it.

3. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

Let's compare notes at the end of winter and see how they perform over the cold period and hope we won't have to do the cold start ritual for these batteries I've read so much about.
    Incidently, I lined the battery tray bottom and side with aluminium tape to give the battery some protection from the heat (bum roasting in the summer) as I believe this heat is one of the main culprit for short battery life.
    Just a theory

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Interesting. A few of us have that heat insulation tape (used inside fairings). Good call; it could help a lot.;)

5. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

Thanks. Time will tell.
    Knowing how hot it gets, I actually bypassed the adhesive by folding & sticking the 2 sides together this way I can remove the lining without leaving a gooey behind.

• Like Like x 1