Fireworks

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dessp2, Nov 3, 2018.

1. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

I am not a kill joy and realise people should have fun (let’s face it we love our sportsbikes and for some ((me included back in the day not so much now)) the louder the better). Even as sports bike riders we know the score about creating undue noise and we toe the line around residential areas.

It is that time of year that the Civilian population has undue access to pyrotechnics that make loud bangs. Having been woken up to a salvo of these bangs at 2300 last night (I was up for work at 0430) I think it’s time for Fireworks to get banned. When I served in the forces, one had extensive training and had awareness of the limitations of pyrotechnics and grenades etc.

I just feel sorry for those suffering from PTSD or pets as this is a horrible time of year.

Fireworks should be limited to organised and licensed displays only.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

It's the stories of the fire brigade being targeted that gets to me. How stupid are the inbred freak shows to attack the people put in place to rescue them if the need arises o_O

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

I dread fireworks due to my dog, she's shit scared on them

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

let some of yourself and enjoy the kids watching them.
    explain the history to the kids.
    and become a big kid for yourself.
    don`t ban them its once a year.
    people are to quick these days to ban everything the few idiots mess up.
    just teach the idiots out there a lesson.
    people who mess with them and our forces lock up.
    but don`t ban them

5. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

i like fireworks, but i dont enjoy my dog being a shacking mess in the corner. And come on its not just 1 night is it? Itll be going on for weeks, it started in the week. How do you suggest we stop the twats firing fireworks at emergency people and public?

There is enough organised displays around for pepole to go to

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of fireworks.

Organized displays? That's fine. The general public with ordinance? Not the best idea.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

there is an easy way to cure any crime.
    if you caught these people and gave them 5 years instead of a slapped wrist, would they do it?
    if you gave a pedo 40 years instead of 2 would they do it.
    if you gave a murderer 80 years instead of 20 would they do it
    less people willing to do the crime because the sentences are to big less people in prison.
    sorry for the babble
    I`m off

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Psst, the prisons are full up. No room at the inn

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Same here with the dog. I have to pop telly on max volume and keep him company each night they go off.
    I think they should have one official night earmarked and only public displays that finish at a reasonable time.
    I've no issue with just the one evening but it goes on for nights on end. Doesn't help that they're so loud these days too!

10. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

psst
    read what I put
    give much bigger sentences and harder times and you will put people off.
    you give a pedo a 2 year in a soft prison or give them 40 years in a sh** hole and see how many chance it.
    this country is to soft

11. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Just tie some bangers to their nuts if they're caught setting em off after midnight I reckon

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

your all getting to old :p
    (my tin hat has just gone on;))

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

I did indeed read what you wrote, and my replays still stand!

I'd like to go further and say pedos it should be death penalty and murder in some cases, why should tax payers pay for them. The money saved on prison, put back into policing etc. And as you say tougher sentences

14. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

That's my dog hiding under the baby's high chair, which she don't reall fit under image.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Not to mention dodging rockets while walking along the street and having to clean the debris off the roof of my house, definitely think there should be more regulation. People have to be more responsible with these things otherwise they will end up getting banned.

16. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Seems we've gone from 'regulating' fireworks to banning and punishment. I acknowledge the history of the 'festivities', but as alluded to, they can be done by organised, licenced professionals. I was living in Australia when they were banned for public use (in the 80s). There is now a black market trade in them.

Harsh penalties for breaching potential fireworks 'laws' would, in my view, have little effect. The very element of breaching a law or regulation is that the 'offender' feels he/she will not be caught. Think about us exceeding speed or parking limits on a regular basis; we repeatedly do it in the belief we will evade prosecution. Equally so for many murderers and those who commit heinous crimes - they do not believe they will be caught. The DEATH penalty in many countries (non-Euro) and some USA states does not deter some from the act of killing, and if we talk of paedophiles, the recidivist rate is damn close to 50%. Think also that there are international statistics that evidence that 4% of convicted are actually innocent - proof being uncovered via DNA analysis. We cannot 'unkill' those unfortunate victims. Having said this, I don't think we can clearly equate murder and sexual offences with lighting a cracker in contravention of a local law.

With respect to @dessp2 , and as one who has also worked shifts over many years, I think it is we who must acclimatise, and in some way accept that our lifestyle might not always fit in with the norm. If it is more than 1 day per year, it's still not much of a sacrifice.

17. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

At this time of year we get these pop up shops selling them, you have know idea what your getting, you could spend a lot on a firework that might just go phssstfart :oops: I would never buy fireworks, waste of money. Ride bikes and burn petrol that's more fun :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  18. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Sorry for the bad language in advance.....but I fucking hate fireworks and bonfire night!!! Have done since I was a kid and I used to come home stinking of smoke and my eyes all puffed up from smoke irritation. My Dad is not a fan either after he gave me a sparkler and I decided to do a bit of welding on his brand new metallic brown Ford Cortina estate, near the petrol cap might i add....1982 I reckon!

What is the point of standing in a field looking at a pile of shite on fire and everyone going oooohhhh aaaaahhhh Every time some pikey let's off a fire work?

Ok if it's a well organised event then fair play if that's what you want to do, enjoy yourself safely. I go to the odd one for the kids but not for the last two years.

Ban them from public sale I say, that way I don't have to worry that my handsome son or two beautiful daughters are gonna come home one night after being badly burnt and disfigured by some little scally bastard whose been throwing them at passers by!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Go Paulo!!:D

Some good points there though. I wonder how many innocent bystanders, or those elsewhere in the community are injured by fireworks?

20. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Sometimes Darwin gives a helping hand once they've got fed up with throwing them at other folks :rolleyes: hopefully thats toasted any chances of him reproducing...

tenor (7).gif

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1