First World Problems......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dessp2, Aug 8, 2018.

1. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

After a brilliant and successful 28 year Military career I am now a dot.com delivery Driver (through choice) for a well known supermarket chain. My shifts are spent on the stunning Lincolnshire Wolds delivering groceries to customers. Whilst most of them are great, some can and try to go out of their way to ‘turbo winge’ about anything. If a product is not available that they have ordered we will substitute it with a similar product. They will winge that we have substituted ‘still bottled water’ with ‘still bottled water’.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Thank you for your service!

As for your current employ, it sounds like the premise to a movie starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

28 years and Lincolnshire, my money is on Crab ;)

Nearly 10 in Green and Black, the all Black was really fun walking around town in Das Fatherland. Not sure i would say was brilliant career, memorable though.

Almost forgot but as I have been out nearly 26 years even with all that time behind you you're still a NIG/Sprog :p:p:p

As for civvies, well you will get used to them eventually, probably never fully understand them though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Spygoat

When?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

20+ years and they aren't quite as bad ;)

I always remember the saying "I liked my parents until I found out they were civvies!"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Old_boy65

Old_boy65 Active Member

... as in all walks of life (military, ex military and civvies) you come across the good, the bad and and the ugly. Generally you get to know who is who pretty quickly....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Spygoat

True, but at least you used to have a clear set of instructions when engaging the bad and ugly. Now, parameters aren't so clear. Apparently, it isn't prudent to light up every person considered bad and ugly. Shame, really.

• Like Like x 3
  8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, reinforces the old cliche: 'Don't shoot the messenger'. After the stresses and strains of 28-years, I'm sure there would be times when you see your 'low key' career choice as a productive move. Shame there are always those who choose to vent their spleen on the most innocent.

Never had military service myself. I wanted to join the army cadets at school, but was denied by my father who hated violence - except for when he beat my mother.

Anyway, back to bikes. I'm wondering if this might interest you, not as a purchase as memories of the services, not the actual conflicts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Hey on the plus side I park up for my breaks in Willingham woods (local very popular bike meet). I see loads of bikes blasting around the Lincolnshire TT (Willingham woods-Market Rasen-Wragby-Horncastle-Caistor High street-Willingham woods). Adventure bikes and naked bikes seem to be more popular than sports bikes now though.

10. Old_boy65

Old_boy65 Active Member

... 30 years ago instructions were even then blurred at the edges. Never black and white...

• Like Like x 1