Fitted 2010 Yoshi R77 to 2014 Blade - need advice

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by plolol, May 7, 2017.

1. plolol

plolol New Member

So I got some advice that the Yoshi R77 (Full system) from my 2010 blade would fit my 2014. As I began putting it back together, I realised it doesn't really...

The lower cowl doesn't really align with the heat shield, the tail-end fixture of the headers to frame doesn't fit with the new frame, and the thing that I need help with: the o2 sensor doesn't reach the socket.

I don't have time to change back to the stock exhaust until next weekend, but I will be riding the bike this week. What do I do with the o2 sensor? Leave it plugged in and tucked away? Or should I unplug it?

From my understanding, unplugging it would be less economical, but better protection for the engine. I can live with spending a bit more on fuel this week, and would prefer to safeguard the engine.

Thank you for any advice.

2. thewiz

thewiz Active Member

In regards to o2 sensor, it is better to leave something in the o2 socket hole. So i vote for leave it in, but unplugged from loom.