Fly bee

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bazzashadow, Jan 14, 2020.

1. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Why do we the public put up with bailing out these companies.
    I bet the share holders/ owners live in a better house than me.
    When my boss didn’t get paid by kier for an extra 3 weeks after his normal months wait would he of got bailed out ?
    I don’t think so

2. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Are you just miffed because they don't go to Norfolk airport anymore Alan o_O :D

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

The situation as reported at the moment is that there'd be wider financial and personal repercussions if Flybe were permitted to fold, leaving many other businesses and jobs at risk.

I hear you say that that would have been the same with Monarch and Ryan Air and you'd be correct. It seems there might be some special consideration given to the smaller 'off mainland' communities. Perhaps @Mattie660 might chime in here?

All in all though, company directors must take all responsibility. They know months and months in advance that the books are sinking into the red and they just seem to hold on waiting for King Midas or a stroke of magic to bail them out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bradt

bradt Elite Member

The main difference between Flybe and say Thomas Cook and Monarch is that the later were predominantly holiday/leisure airlines and Flybe are more of a business/ community/regional carrier. Without Flybe some airports will have little connectivity with other parts of the UK and mainland Europe. Flybe management are certainly at fault but the airline must be allowed to continue operating.

#4 bradt, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1