Forum on Android phone

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by GappySmeg, Apr 28, 2015.

1. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

I was visiting family last week, so only had my phone with which to browse the forum... and it just doesn't work!

At first it seems to have loaded the home page OK, but as soon as I try and interact with it (e.g. scroll down) all the content disappears and all I'm left with is the background (the pictures of the SPs). Scrolling around some more gets the content back, but only intermittently... if I'm really lucky, I can get the "Recent Posts" button visible long enough for me to click on it, and from there, I'm generally able to to view some posts.

I tried the new-style forum on my phone the first day it appeared, and all worked OK... something has changed since, and it's all-but unusable.

Anyone else get this?

Admittedly my phone is getting on a bit... it's a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1... but nonetheless, I have no problems whatsoever on any other website, just this one.

2. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Works fine on my Android phone and older Android tablet. Are you using Chrome browser?

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

No issues on my Nexus 6 using chrome. I have added the link to my phone so I can just press the 1000rr app and works a treat.

4. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

I did have Chrome and Opera, but as I had to entertain the kids, they had to go to make way for Candy Crush and CBeebies app :rolleyes:

So I'm just using the default browser, which at any rate, is a sort of "Chrome light"... it handles everything I throw at it, including sites which are far, far more busy/intensive than this one.

I will try Chrome this evening, but regardless, that really shouldn't be necessary...... I still think Rob needs to have another look at how this site is put together.

5. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Your phone's default browser will only be updated whenever there is a firmware update (new version of Android), unless it's a Nexus device. Chrome is updated a lot more often so can incorporate new web technologies a lot faster. So ditch your default browser and put Chrome on your homescreen instead - simples! :)

6. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I use tapatalk so not really a problem, but there are sites out there which do the same to me on chrome. I suspect it is adverts, but sometimes loading the page again solves it and so I'm not 100% sure. As mac said the old built in browser s basically defunct now.

7. stevet

stevet Active Member

got galaxy s2 android 4.1.2....running fine

8. terrance.terry.boyle

+1 on the Tapatalk app