Found anything good on Youtube lately?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Videos' started by Remal, May 18, 2011.

1. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

love that idea nigel
    if I win the lottery I'm going to have a go at that:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

Found this the other day, may already be here but I didn't go through the full 170 pages of this thread to check!!!!

I enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Blocked

5. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Click on "Watch on YouTube", it works!

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I remember watching that.

Wouldn't happen today; you'd be following a safety car for umpteen laps.

7. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

Open it up on YouTube properly. It's only blocked from playing embedded in a website.

(sorry, hadn't seen other replies)

8. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I reckon if you took the flat earther up in rocket to see the earth curves they would say "oh thats the "fisheye" lens effects of the windows, I can see it looks cureved, but us FE's know its flat..." :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Bang on, I totally agree. This reinforces it:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Release Media Release Media Release Media Release

For General Release

Source: The Daily Telegraph

Date of Release: 31 May 2016

Keywords: Science/Technology/Space/Earth/Oxford University/Groenweld

The Earth is Flat

This startling revelation was today proffered by Oxford University Professor, Erich Groenweld. Launching his latest publication: Why the Earth is Flat, Professor Groenweld dismisses previous studies, evidence and authoritive references as ‘bunkum’.

The Daily Telegraph reporter, Brenda Crowley, today interviewed the professor, who she likened to an eccentric 60-year-old clone of The Fat Controller from the Thomas the Tank Engine series.

Crowley: ‘What inspired your study, or more precisely, your quest to dispel centuries of evidence supporting the Earth being round?’

Groenweld: ‘I’m a scientist. That is what we do. My field of expertise is Planetary Evolution. Some twelve months ago now, my theory was borne of an accident during a computation of mathematical formula intended to calculate the increasing weight of the Earth and its effect on gravity.

‘I’ve since headed research projects, culminating in this thesis firmly concluding that the Earth is flat. Given your reaction, it seems as if my papers might have evaded you. Shamefully, I’ve received a somewhat disappointing backlash of criticism from most sectors of the media. I am, however, consoled by the fact that many of the world’s greatest discoveries and scientific revelations did, eventually, silence the sceptics.

‘My conclusions are based upon the dominant role of the number ‘three’ as a factor in astrological and biological life. The starting point is indisputable. The earth is the third planet from the Sun. It’s also been established that earth’s circumference is 24,900 miles, while the equatorial diameter is 7,900 miles. What becomes immediately obvious is that the circumference is three times that of the diameter – assuming we accept the world really is round, or to be pedantic, elliptical.

Crowley: ‘Assuming? Those statistics are proof of the Earth’s circumferential dimensions, evidenced from early sea explorers’ sea logs through to the latest satellite plotting data.’

Groenweld: ‘In refuting your foremost assertion, we must rationally consider earth’s gravitational forces. As a simple exercise, imagine the world as a basketball. Now, if one were to sail across the seas to the extremities of the Southern Hemisphere, or the underside of the basketball, would the boat float upside down or fall out of the water into infinity? Would a plane barrel-roll beyond the equatorial juncture to ensure all passengers remain seated upright as opposed to being suspended upside down? The answer, of course, is an emphatic no. There is but one conclusion – the Earth is flat.

‘Let us now examine the North and South Poles. I don’t refute their being 24,900 miles apart, but, and here’s the key difference, they are 24,900 miles apart on a flat surface. Simply imagine an A4 sheet of paper, laid flat. We have north at the top and at the bottom, south. Yes, I know; you’re about to ask: “What happens at the Earth’s limit? — at the edge of that sheet of paper.” To answer to that, Miss Crowley, I must recite meticulously sensitive detail and formula, the whole of which is clearly expanded in my book. Here, I’ll sign a copy for you.

‘Ah yes, the end of the Earth. It involves the phenomenon of astro-transportation from the limit of the North Pole to the commencement of the South Pole. Explaining this marvel necessitates computations of the difference in light years between the two points, and the relative time in physicality of travelling 24,900 miles across a flat surface. The significance of the equation is the factor of the speed of light, which travels at 299,792,458 metres per second – nearly three hundred million. That figure may seem insignificant – until you recognise the formula used in all speed of light computations exalts the number three: 3 X 108 ms-1.

Crowley: ‘Thank you for the book, professor. But Astro-travel? With the greatest respect, you can’t be serious. Are you suggesting that we experience a ‘phenomenon’ as you call it, like The Jetsons or other fictional space-family time-shifting to another dimension?’

Groenweld: ‘I hope you’ll excuse my modesty. Fellows of the National Science Laboratory credited me with the terms, ‘window to the sky’ and ‘window of opportunity’, because my ‘astro-transport’ theory conceived these now clichéd references. I can reveal with some certainty that the reason explorers lost in Arctic regions had never been found was because they had already astro-ported to Antarctica. Had search parties have been privy to my findings, and had I been born some one hundred years earlier, many men would have been rescued.’

Crowley: ‘Then strictly from a ‘devil’s advocate’ perspective, how would you explain the photos and footage of the earth, depicted as round, taken by astronauts and satellites?’

Groenweld: ‘Ah, Miss Crowley. Of course, you represent the public. Proponents who subscribe to the accepted theory of the Earth being round quickly point out innumerable photos and live footage of the round Earth beamed back by satellites and stellar cameras. Do you have any idea of how many people send me such photos and newsreels? The Earth by day. The Earth by night. Weather satellite snapshots highlighting tornados, tsunamis and El Niño.’

Crowley: ‘You’ve caught me off guard. I couldn’t imagine. Although I do concede it’s a plausible argument.’

Groenweld: ‘It’s all illusion. Seeing the earth as round is akin to observing a mirage in the middle of the Sahara. Both are merely figments of one’s imagination, promulgated by scientific factors. Above the Earth lies a moisture laden stratosphere comprising 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen suspended in millions upon millions of liquid droplets. Those droplets distort refractions of light captured by the huge cameras you spoke of. It is those cameras that falsely reproduce the earth as round. Watch this —’

Crowley: I witnessed Groenweld conduct a brief demonstration where he collected a droplet of water on the end of his biro and proceeded to photograph a book through the droplet. He showed me the snap. I was speechless. The book appeared round!

Groenweld: ‘See? As is generally accepted, a flat object observed through a droplet of water will appear distorted and round. Just as the book was flat before being photographed, so was the earth. This is my proof.’

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

13. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. hitch

hitch Elite Member

What a time to be alive

15. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

19. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

Probably the best IOM TT Footage I have ever seen. Incredible.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Demmel

Demmel Member

View at 0:06 - 0:10 insane and my favorite part