Free loan for a bike?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pete H, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Loads of middle aged men who should know better spend the summer pedalling into my work on expensive bicycles paid for by the interest free loans you can get through the cycle to work scheme.

So, would people take up this offer if it comes in

"We will work to create a Motorcycle to Work scheme targeting commuter motorcyclists to mirror the Cycle to Work Scheme and also work to add motorcycles to the market incentives for low emission and zero emission vehicles where appropriate. It is intended that this will increase the uptake of motorcycling in non-traditional sectors thereby making motorcycling safer and unlocking the congestion and environmental benefits that motorcycling has to offer."

That's part of a 100+ page report that's gone to parliament from the Motorcycle Industry Association and the head of ACPO.

I'd be pretty happy to get my bike paid for on a 0% loan at subsidised prices like the bicyclists do.

http://mcia.co.uk/Controls/OpenDocument.ashx?id=72

• Like Like x 4
  2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I wonder if they'd consider including a Superleggera? :D

3. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

Can I purchase a SP blade on this scheme ?

4. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I got a free loan for my bike. I got a credit card that was 0% on purchases for 18 months. I paid it off completely before it went into the period where they started charging interest. I could almost sense the seething down the phone :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

Brilliant.

6. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hmm keep my blade and get a new R1 or Rsv4 I'm up for that idea, from March onwards I ride my bike a lot anyway to work

#6 sps170373, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  7. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

I got targeted by TFL last week with this survey, they take a different view on motorcycles and mopeds, to the point where they state that PTWs can be extremely polluting on an individual basis........sounds like usual TFL bollox to me, but they get their own way all the time, every survey is totally loaded so they get the result they want......might shock some but they are planning to charge PTWs registered before July 2007 from the year 2020, £12.50 a day to enter the ULEZ zone, ie today's congestion charge zone.....it's a war zone more like in London where the fecking cyclist action groups and the tree hungers are winning, and it will not stop in London my friends, and motorcyclists are seen as just as damaging as tipper trucks to these zealots

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/environment/ultra-low-emission-zone

8. scooby

scooby Elite Member

I'm not reading 118 pages.

so is it the same scheme as the ride to work? I'd be up for that if it is,i've had 2 bikes through that already,saving almost 50% on retail :)

best thing is I only live 100yds away from work :)

• Like Like x 1