Front brake reservoir leaking?

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Coda, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Coda

Coda Active Member

When I picked up the bike I noticed some imperfections inside the windscreen on the brake side, and a flake of paint that came off the inside of the fairing near the right mirror mount. I figured a heavy handed PO had splashed brake fluid around and not wiped it off before it ate into the plastics. Didn’t think anything more about it.

Last couple weeks I’ve noticed a little sponginess in the brake lever but only first ride of the day. After it’s pumped once it’s ok. I made a mental note to bleed the brakes and left it at that.

Yesterday I fitted a new clear TT style screen and took the bike for a ride today. I stopped at a supermarket and thought it had been raining, there were some spots on the screen but when I went to wipe them off I realised they were underneath! Brake fluid! Also the underneath of the reservoir was wet.

I think it’s leaking from the reservoir pipe, but I wanted to ask, has anyone seen this before?

2. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I would look at the banjo bolt as it would need to be under pressure to get onto the screen

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stuart Gould

Stuart Gould Active Member

Only time I've seen this was after fitting my braided lines and I hadn't done the banjo bolt up as much as it needed and it leaked and sprayed a little around. So definitely worth checking as Jez mentioned.

• Like Like x 1