Front end moving

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by blink, Oct 28, 2019.

1. blink

blink Well-Known Member

Hi,

while i was out riding, i noticed the speedo wobbling a bit, when i got home, I realised it is the entire front end, fairing, clocks, lights and the side black plastics that sit on the frame, you can move it up and down.

im gonna have a look on Friday, but I cant see how it goes together. I dont see what the clocks are held onto or anything.

Anyone got any pointers?

2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

3. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

If it's all moving it might just be where the front support bolts to the front of the frame.?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. blink

blink Well-Known Member

Its the whole front so thats what i thought. Not sure why it would have come loose unless something is broken

Gonna look at the link tonight spygoat

5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

That's the problem with some of these light weight fixings. Once one goes, the stress is multiplied on others and then they'll fail very quick. Especially so in the case of the push pins (the small black plastic fixings).

6. blink

blink Well-Known Member

Well hopefully i have some spares if it is that.

7. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

There are two large locating pins on the back of the nose cone/front fairing. These pins locate into holes located in the back of the dash (I think..... From memory) if either the dash is loose or the front fairing isn't fitted properly and the pins are in place properly I would say everything will be a bit wobbly.

My advice would be to strip it all down and refit it all again. I recall recently you had a little off?? This could have snapped the locating pins I was referring too and could be the problem :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. blink

blink Well-Known Member

i was just about to reply. I have been out looking at it in the dark with my new mega bright torch.

There is one fairing clip thats mising from in the wheel arch - thats new, but none of the others are missing.

so, i was rocking it up and down and looking at the air ducts, cant see anything wrong there.

then i get a different side, and there are two bolts holding some metal bracket for the clocks, one is almost completely out, and the other is loose. Its got to be that.

I know the plastic pegs you are on about, and yes, they are in, but they were a right pain to get lined up

i might add some threadlock and refit them on Friday - thanks everyone :)

9. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

This is a dash/headlight/front fairing mount from a 2017 model, very similar to your model and I've highlighted the holes which the front end should be secured too. If it's not..... Will be all wobbly like you say.
    Screenshot_20191029_214215.jpg

10. blink

blink Well-Known Member

i cant picture it now im inside, but its lower down than that whats come loose, like two cap screws one above the other, it might be clamping onto a tube

so, probably at the bottom of the part you show above

11. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

Happened to me a few years ago...

Yes, this. Tighten both bolts, and you're good to go.

12. blink

blink Well-Known Member

Aye, exactly the same. Spannering it tomorrow after work. Hope its decent weather, want to take it for a spin