Gamers thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Jul 29, 2011.

1. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I'm just shooting up the universe so far :D love Bounty hunting, can't be arsed with trading, to much like work? ;)

but might have to soon to get all the high money, only got made 1.8 million credits so far :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I'm just enjoying playing online on Destiny on the Xbone. Knockedremal is me.

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Elite is the one game that, for years, I dreamt of arriving into the modern era of gaming. Apart from the game itself, the coding was so elegant that the huge universe fitted onto a single floppy disc. Making enough money to advance (and keep your halo) was bloody hard work though. I remember when the 'god mode' codes got out and spread like wildfire throughout the gaming community (pre internet too), and I could trick out my Cobra properly.

Seeing the footage of Elite Dangerous viewed through the Occulus Rift, makes the hairs on my neck stand up.

4. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Evening fellow Gamers!
    Well last night was the last straw in my Xbox One ownership, the daft pile of plop wouldn't play a blooming Blu Ray.
    So today I packed it all up took it to the local CEX and traded it in for a PS4 system.

If any of you lovely peeps don't mind having a Fat bald gamer who's pretty cak, then please add me on PSN.
    Username: oklakula (I know don't ask its an old character name from world of warcraft, and I can't change easily)

Suggestions for good PS4 games welcome, bought AC Unity as it was brill on xbox and barely started

• Like Like x 1
  5. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

That may have been a bit rash given that there are some exciting things around the corner for the Xbox. If what they have planned for Windows 10 and Xbox One comes to fruition - it could be a real game changer. PC players and Xbox players playing with and against each other in the same game, cross platform. Being able to stream your xbox game to PC or tablet and play on that device (and eventually vice-versa!). Short of allowing PS4 and Xbox One players from playing together, it pretty much sounds like gaming nirvana. Hopefully they'll get the support of the developers for all of this and soon I'll be able to play FPS on my PC without missing out on matches with my buddies on the Xbox...

Let's hope these plans go through smoothly and there aren't too many u-turns. But the demos look uber cool!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...l-let-you-stream-xbox-one-games-to-pc-tablets

6. thezipsteruk

Its still Microsoft though....been there tried that!
    lol

7. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

Could never see the point in computer games myself until I read the local paper on Saturday. Evidently a local 18 year old films himself playing FIFA, uploads it to YouTube and his 380,000 followers earn him in excess of 100k per year from the advertising.
    Right then, what did I do with that space invaders thingymagig?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Ah so that was who the friend request was from.

Walking Dead is a great game.
    As is GTA5, which I completed on Saturday.
    Well the storyline anyway.
    But I will be going back into it.
    Looking forward to Deadlight though.
    Don't get FIFA, it's pish.
    Driver Club is quite good too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

New trailer for RIDE, the upcoming bike riding game:

10. Philhasasti

Philhasasti Active Member

Can't wait for this. No sign of the tt being on it tho!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. thezipsteruk

I might have a little promotion in the pipeline for those looking forward to RIDE!
    My friend at works husband works for the distributors and a while back I offered up our forum for a competition or something??

Well he text me the other day asking what I had in mind, What do you guys reckon?
    No idea what he's offering but I'm guessing it might be a copy of the game on your format!

Any good ideas that would get their game some valuable exposure and gain us a forum competition?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Great idea And might be worth a thread of it's own Zip. As many may not bother reading this thread if they are not into gaming.

AS for ideas I have not idea yet but will think about it

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

The best thing they could do is get a road racer to help with the promotion.

Or maybe even have a downloadable content with the TT track if it isn't on it already ?

Then we could have a forum race online ? And tweet how shite I am at it. :D

14. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Anyone on the Taken king on Destiny ?

Had a blast last night great fun. On xbox 1 and knockedremal is me :)

15. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

My son is playing it - not a huge RPG fan myself. I'm playing Mad Max on XboxOne at the moment - awesome game!

16. thezipsteruk

Got fed up with my xbox one giving me aggro so went back to Sony with a PS4.

I love it to pieces, but I do miss playing Destiny, but no way Im starting again.

17. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

What issues did you have with the xbox? I've not heard of many and had mine since the first day without a issues and it's been used a lot

18. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

No problems with mine either and I love how I can now play on the Xbox from my PC in another room - Xbox One streaming to Windows 10 PC or laptop. It's awesome! :)

19. thezipsteruk

To be honest with you and now the red mist has gone, I really think I just got a ropey unit.
    It was always freezing and not loading up all the menus etc then the blu ray app kept looking up.
    Couple that with a Mac user since the 1980s and I had enough. I have a to of friends with xbox and none of them have grief either.

just unlucky i suppose, luckily the ps4 has been kinder to me, and I don't get a lot of time to game so its all good.

20. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

the new xbox has been way better than my 360 and as most of my mates have the xbone. some cracking games on the PS4. I've always had a xbox and PS1, 2 3 but never used the 3 much apart from blu ray player gran turismo and the last of us. that was it in 5 years of owning a PS3