Gearing recommendations and speedo?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by LowSide76, May 21, 2020.

1. LowSide76

LowSide76 Active Member

Hi guys,
    I am looking into gearing options of cbr1000rr.
    What's best would people recommend. I've heard to go +2 on back on 2015 blades, then mate said do -1 +2 and then also heard just do -1 on front.
    Also where is the speedo taken from on these. Would you need a speedo healer if I change gearing for tacho still to be accurate?

2. Frazzle

Frazzle Active Member

I guess it depends what you want out of it? more low down grunt or higher top end? Not touched mine and don't intend to but I did have a look at this to see if I thought it would be worth it.. you can check out what you're getting out of it by changing sprockets....

https://www.gearingcommander.com/

3. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

I did -1 front +1 rear I'm quite happy with it
    And yes you will need a speedo healer.
    I think +2 rear is common . But I didn't research it before I changed mine.

4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

In addition, regardless as to where you alter the gearing the speedo is taken electronically from the gearbox, so a Speedo Healer will be needed. Easier to start from the back though.

5. LowSide76

LowSide76 Active Member

Cheers for all info guys. Just want some more punch as dont need it to be doing 180mph hahaha.
    Gearing commander is brilliant I've been looking at that as would like to keep wheelbase around the same as well.
    Pain in arse having to get speedo healers all time on bikes when you do this.

6. Slick

Slick Elite Member

have you consider a QAT? cheaper less hassle version that gives the impression of more low end punch?

7. LowSide76

LowSide76 Active Member

I've fitted hrc qa throttle tube. Would like some more haha

8. Slick

Slick Elite Member

lol power hungry!

Having a remap or flash helps, there are a few dips in the torque curve that could be addressed in the lower end with better drive and throttle response

9. LowSide76

LowSide76 Active Member

My wife is going to hate me on this forum. Only blade a week and a half and ordered so much stuff for it and keep getting more ideas from you guys.

Is only option a power commander or can they flash blades ECU like other bikes

10. Slick

Slick Elite Member

yep ecu flash has been available for a while now on the CBR with the tried and tested black boxes from Power commander and Bazzaz.

Ran a yoshi with PCV with an autotune and that ran soooooooo smooth. Really flat torque curve from idle to red line awesome.

11. LowSide76

LowSide76 Active Member

Arent ecu flashes supposed to be better than power commanders etc

12. Slick

Slick Elite Member

yea, they open up a lot more functionality and control alot more ie all injectors.

For me the PCV was more appealing as it was modular so could add bits as funds became available and when i came to sell(or write off in my case) could take it off again