Getting Older

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by exfire, Jun 19, 2016.

1. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Last time out on the bike I was hit by two low flying pheasants, nothing I could do but duck and brace myself for the impact. Lucky really, just a new visor, new screen and new nose cone which is currently away for custom respray, a mere £800, did I mention my excess is £800.

Today, went out, fuelled up and off I went, a nice dry day. Travelled about 20 miles without stopping and then pulled up at traffic lights. Really strong smell of petrol, looked down and you guessed it, no fuel cap.

Yep the dementia has started to set in, of course it was obvious, it was at the petrol station some 20 miles away. Luckily it was where I had left it, but the garage attendant I chat to also noticed me coming back for it, guess I will be getting some extra stick.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

At least you remembered to fuel up:D when I sold my 929 a couple of year back now, I thought I'd take it for one last blast, 15 miles from home the fuel light came on, 10 miles later , splutter, splutter,:eek: parked her in a layby phoned the missus, and waited to be rescued:oops::(. I seem to remember from another thread we're the same age, 47? There is hope.

• Like Like x 1
  3. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Wish I was 47, hit the dreaded 60 in January, just hope I never forget where the brakes are on the bike.

4. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

Well if you do you'll probably forgotten why you went for them in the first place. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1