Go Outdoors (rant)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Barstewardsquad, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

What a bunch of complete cnuts this company is! Missus and I have tried to return a pair of so called waterproof boots twice now as they leak. They have squirmed and weasled so much it is embarrasing.

First time they wouldn't take them because they were slightly damp after being cleaned, apparently Company policy is not too accept damp goods for return as it could develop mould on the way back to the warehouse.

Second time they refused because they aren't immaculately clean and Company policy is, yes you guessed it, is not too accept goods not immaculately clean for return as it could develop mould on the way back to the warehouse.

This is after trying to claim that even though the boots are sold and advertised as having a waterproof membrane that they aren't actually waterproof. They also refused to give the contact details for the Area/Regional Manager due to "Data Protection!", they got most upset when I pointed out that I had been involved in 2 GDPR implementations. Apparently I was being aggressive despite standing behind a counter with my arms folded, and when I pointed that out they said I was being loud.

Anyway I would say don't buy anything from Go Outdoors if there is the slightest chance that it may need to be returned, but instead I will simple say don't buy from them period.

/rantover now off to clean a pair of horse yard boots with a toothbrush so I can get the refund and tell them to ram their company policy where it may develop mould on the way back to the warehouse :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

lol. Reminds me of when I bought a faulty part from the local Ford dealer who refused to accept it back for return. Their reason being that it was now used and couldn't be re sold as new, to which I pointed out (in front of a queue of customers) that they really shouldn't be selling faulty items that have been returned to them. In my case they were embarrassed in to refunding me, but in your case they really should adhere to the sales of goods or mis selling of goods. It's sad really, but fortunately I get my outdoor stuff from Blacks on the High St. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I'd of loved to have seen this unfold...…….it sounds hilarious!:D

You stood there with your arms folded being all loud and aggressive .......and rightly so by the sounds of it, cretins!!!:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Guess who got a refund today :D

Now I am going to track down some hierarchy in their Company, IT is a small world, because as was said by Monty Python, I wish to register a complaint :p

BTW @Muffking it turns out that both Go Outdoors and Black's are owned by JD Sports, as apparently is Millets.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Bugger, I've heard that JD Sports are sharks too. Coincidence ehh :rolleyes:

6. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

can't understand their fuss as you were returning faulty goods

persue your complaint and show them the light:)

• Like Like x 1