graveltrap longest day challenge

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Gravel trap, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

some of you will have read about this event in Performance bikes or practical classics over the years if not the idea is to ride John o grotes to lands end in a day no motorways and on a bike costing less than £300. purchase price . so not new tyres ect ok .it's done for cancer research UK and this year on 20 th June I'm going to be part of the 30 guys attempting it.cancer took my mum now ill admit she was not a fan of my love of bikes . be it my childhood spent on various off road kawasakis to a 16 year old on a mb5 then kr1 car gsxr r6 fireblade ect she always tutted about them but it's shit shes not around to see her grandkids grow up. she never saw me own my own house she did however slowly choke to death on the fluid in her lungs as she lay in bed delirious moaning my father's name and holding onto me . my father had a hear attack and died 2 years before we look alike and she thought i was him at the end . dogs don't die like that we put them to sleep people shoudnt . one day hopefully cancer will be fucked off into history and other men and women wont bear the mental scaring I do about how their parents have died. also it would piss her right off me riding so long on some old wreck so that's worth it too. sorry if it got a bit heavy but that's cancer for you. plan is to get shot of my kxf as quick as possible and find an old gpz er6 cb500 xj600 gsxf ect and get it moted . I'll keep you lot posted on progress and will beg for sponsorship when link is set up nearer the time and ill put the route up so if anyone wants to ride along for a bit a tired lost graveltrap would love to see you .

• Like Like x 11
  2. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Man that’s hard. Stick the link up and I’ll gladly sponsor you. Cancer is a c**t. Happy to support how I can. How could I get involved too?

• Like Like x 2
  3. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Good man. I would have liked to tag on for a few miles but checked the calendar and I miss it by a few days. Sponsoring is something I can certainly do though :)
    It would be a comfy run on an old GPZ :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

Well done for doing this. I'm on that forum too along with a friend. Bigbadmad. I've thought about it a few times and all ways follow the progress. Work however wont let me commit to it.
    I look forward to seeing your updates and pics etc .
    It's hard work but well worth it.
    Good luck .

• Like Like x 1
  5. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

If it helps I’ll see if I can tag along for a little while. I’ll even buy you a brew - just try not to spill it while riding :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gravel trap

I'll get a link up as soon as one is set up. once route is published we can work out if and where meet ups can happen . thanks for the support guys you have made a middle-aged pervert happy . which is odd because I'm dressed and no one's sent me pictures.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Gravel trap

8. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Will be sponsoring on payday mate for sure

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

Screenshot_20200316-172404_Facebook.jpg seen this on FB . Might shave off the £95 if you ask nicely ?

10. Gravel trap

good shout. I need to shift my kxf first but think its going next week. I'm in talks with a guy about a vfr 750 that's had a lowside but as soon as I get something ill post pics ect.

• Like Like x 1