GSXR1000R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by tuktuk, Jul 16, 2017.

1. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Suzuki were at a local bike cafe today with all their latest models. Id booked in for the base model but was given the R to have a play on.

It is properly quick, power everywhere and very very smooth. QS going up is buttery smooth, going down felt the same for the most part but had a couple of downshifts using the blipper which it felt awful in a way that something could break but this may have just been me not fully closing the throttle.

Suspension was good, i cant say i noticed a huge difference over my blade but its not a very fair comparison without having it set for my weight etc. Felt very direct and light on its feet. Mid corner it was very good at responding to small inputs. Doesnt feel as front end planted as the blade but you get alot of feedback through the rear.

My only complaint would be the on/off throttle snatchyness. I found it quite unpredictable but im sure you would get over that in a few days of riding.

• Like Like x 1
  2. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

Sounds like u had a good day. Was it hartside cafe? Be up there in next couple of week. Mint roads

3. Millsp1

Millsp1 Active Member

Was up at hartside yesterday & saw the Suzuki stand, Was on a BMW R T 9 racer, a demo from Lloyds Carlisle, A strange uncomfortable beast , but good fun, Got far more looks & comments than any of the suzuki's.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Yeah up at the cafe. Was freezing up there early on! Good idea having it up there but I was stupid to think they just give you the bike and let you go on your own, saying that the outrider i was following had a couole of spirited moments do you could stretch its legs.

Millsp1 i think i saw you if you pulled into alston petrol station around lunch time?

5. Millsp1

Millsp1 Active Member

Was there about half one, bike got plenty of looks & comments, no blade though!!!

Looks like the new gixer is the one to have though!!!