Gutless in comparison

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Bikeboy, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Jez

Jez Senior Member

My 2002 R1 had a can, my 2013 has a can by far the best for low power was the R1

2. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

I'm guessing fueling to to meet the emission laws. As I said before the bike is a missile when you wind it up. But your right ..right gear at the right time. Would be nice if it had a little more torque lower down. . I've done -1 front and +1 on the rear... I'll through it around a bit to get used to it. Then a Dyno assessment to see if it's lean..

3. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I've done -1 +1 with an HRC quick action throttle and it's one of the most responsive bikes I've ridden.

Granted, this is round about how they should come from the factory but it's easily changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jez

Jez Senior Member

has anyone gained much from a pcv, and is it worth getting one, i mainly ride between 4 to 7k

5. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

If you have an after market exhaust fitted you will certainly benefit from fitting a pcv and getting it tuned or ecu flashed. It will have noticeable flat spots especially under 5000rpm.

6. Dol boy

Dol boy New Member

Hi, will this be the same on a 2010 model?
    Hi, will this be the same for a 2010 model? I'm just debating - 1 front or +2 rear, just want a little more acceleration without messing with speedo healers etc. Don't suppose you know how many links I'll need too ha ha ha ha. Might aswell as you to fit it next but thanks in advance anyways buddy

7. Dol boy

Dol boy New Member

Hi, will this be the same on a 2010 model?
    Hi, will this be the same for a 2010 model? I'm just debating - 1 front or +2 rear, just want a little more acceleration without messing with speedo healers etc. Don't suppose you know how many links I'll need too ha ha ha ha. Might aswell as you to fit it next but thanks in advance anyways buddy