Gutting the cat

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by 7belowzero, Oct 12, 2020.

1. 7belowzero

7belowzero Active Member

Just wondering, has anyone gutted the cat on their 14-16 Fireblade? It looks quite easy to get to. Thought maybe removing the lambda sensor and the backbox and gutting it while on the bike, then hoovering the bits out??? Ummmmmm... anybody???

• Like Like x 1
  2. hitch

hitch Elite Member

I cautiously opened this thread....not wanting to see gruesome pics of a dead moggy

can’t help with question though, sorry :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Worked for me on the exhaust box of an RR5. In fact on the RR4-7 you can just import a header from the USA as they didn't have a CAT back then. Not sure about the later models, but it's worth a Google to find out if if any non EU countries didn't have a CAT.

• Like Like x 1
  4. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I swear to god, once I read the title, I thought you were talking about neutering a cat...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. 7belowzero

7belowzero Active Member

Ha, Ha... If the one down the street keeps crapping in my garden, then it may be an option.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

i was the same
    opened it wanting to know how to do it so i could crap in it like it does my garden:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. DazK

DazK Active Member

Get some cat scarers:)
    They really do work! I had 2 local cats (i could tell the difference in the shite!) crapping in my front garden as it’s landscaped with stones etc. Was dubious at first as I have a cat but placed one off the drive and one in the garden and no more crap since:D The ultrasonic doesn’t penetrate brick so my cat doesn’t hear it:) Think I got mine from primrose as I don’t trust fleabay chinese crap and you can return them if they don’t worko_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

Agree a good cat is a dead cat;)

The O2 sensor is mainly there to protect the CAT from excessive temperature by monitoring the unburnet fuel. If you remove the CAT, technically you can leave the O2 sensor in place so that the fueling control loop is not distubed.
    I would also check if the change in exhaust pressur without CAT has an effect on the engine running @ low rpm

• Like Like x 1
  9. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Did you get anywhere with this, thinking of knocking mine out and blanking the o2 sensor so it doesn’t run as lean low down

10. 7belowzero

7belowzero Active Member

No, not as yet. Looks quite easy to do though. Let me know if you do yours. I was thinking of doing it over the winter.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

will do pal, I just need to read up if I can get the headers off without having to move the radiator as I want to take them off and clean them up and while they’re off I’ll drill and bash the cat out!

• Like Like x 1