Health Update and absence apology

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dan.1moore1, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Flathead

Flathead Active Member

Hi Dan,
    I'm new on here but I've enjoyed reading your posts and viewing your bike pictures. Looking fanatstic I must say.
    Interested to hear about your spinal scoliosis. I've suffered from the same condition since the age of 12-13 (I'm 47 now) and although not as severe as yours I can empathise with you.
    Glad things seem to be going to plan and you're on the mend. Keep your chin up mate.

#101 Flathead, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Thanks mate . Im doing my bet to keep the forum posted on my recovery but things are moving slow lately . Ill do a quick update now .

3. dan.1moore1

Hey guys ,

Nothing to report really . Iv just got back from spending some time with my grandparents in the pretty remote coastal village they live at. No internet and i only get phone signal if i walk up the hill to the local castle which is impossible for me at the moment .

I had a shock when i got home as in hospital i was waited on day and night and did not alot more than laying in bed , So when i lost my slaves and had to move around alot more i was very stiff and any movment wasnt worth the pain it caused . My son is 6 and cant sit still for 20 seconds so he was driving me round the bend, i was bored stiff ( coudnt sit up to use my laptop ), Sky TV is ok for 3 days then it repeats the same crap day in day out , i got really down and fed up so i was sent for some peace and quiet down my grandparents .

Iv been home about 3 / 4 weeks and although I'm improving every day , its a pretty long road . The bigest problem now is sleeping as i can only stick my bed for 2 - 3 hours tops and i gotta get out so I'm really tired .

I start physio next tuesday so fingers crossed that gets me moving better , as for now thou im still just trying to sleep all the time .

Iv had lots of PM's wishing me all the best which is awesome so a big thankyou to you guys , I have some text messages from last week i need to reply to and and even bigger thankyou to those guys , its nice to know people are thinking of you after having as little contact as chatting on the worlds best Fireblade forum !

• Like Like x 2
  4. rocket

rocket Active Member

good to hear from you dan and lets hope physio brings you on real good. sounds like you,ve had a horrid time mate. take care and catch you soon!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Si.

Si. God Like

Take it easy dude...you'll soon be fighting fit. And 3 stone heavier due to lack of exercise. Just sayin......:D

6. dan.1moore1

Cheers fella . Yeah its been a nightmare but it will be worth it .

I sat on my bike today and i can put feet on pegs and reach the bars no problem so as soon as i build some muscle on my left side of my back ill be out on her ( got the BSA on stand by also )

• Like Like x 2
  7. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

It'll be a long struggle mate no doubt, but it'll all be worth it in the end.
    You've got it in you to pull through the hard times and there's all the support if you ever need it Dan.

Keep digging deep mate.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dan.1moore1

Cheers col ,

How you keeping mate ? Aint spoke to you in ages

9. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Dan proud of you fella, Ken has been trying to get hold of you via text from holiday. The docs have told me I have a slipped disc but in your shadow so I cant complain .Get well soon mate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I'm doing fine mate. Thanks for asking.

I've been fighting a losing battle against all these repsol bullies on here mate. They keep telling me they're bikes are so much faster than ours, but I've yet to see 1 pass me yet ;)

• Like Like x 3
  11. dan.1moore1

Ha , I only see them in my mirrors now and again as well mate .

• Like Like x 2
  12. Si.

Si. God Like

Repsols are only 125cc aren't they?? :D

13. dan.1moore1

Cheers mate , I just read your PM . Ill ty and get in touch with him now.

Any back pain is a killer mate , If your aching there just does not seem to be an escape from it .

14. dave d

dave d Elite Member

good to hear from you Dan the longest journey starts with a single step,lots of rideouts for next year eh mate! hope your feeling better soon dude.

15. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Dan. Tell you what I've seen some scars in my time but that one definitely wins in scar top trumps :eek:

16. dan.1moore1

1 weird thing iv noticed guys is that iv always had a numb left knee. i used to be able to pinch the skin all around my knee and lower thigh and wouldnt be able to feel much , I had my first tattoo there so it didn't hurt ha.

Since the op i can feel everything, all the numbness has totally gone . The doctors say the surgery has moved things around and nerves get stretch and squished etc so i must of had a piched nerve or something that has been relieved restoring feeling to my knee.

Mad ey ?

17. Givover

Givover God Like

Might need Ash to come over and give you a rub down .That might free you up abit.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Judging by what she was saying on that thread the other day I'm guessing that she'd bring a couple of friends a half a pint of KY jelly :D

19. dan.1moore1

Ha, Iv read alot about Ash on here tonight !!

20. dave d

dave d Elite Member

thats all they need to be to pass a black 1 :D
    right im off!

• Like Like x 3