Heated gloves

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by kirk holmes, Dec 18, 2021.

1. kirk holmes

kirk holmes Member

I would not want to go any bigger as would he dangerous, there is plenty of room in the glove. Maybe its my hand shape although i have never had an issue with any motorcycle gloves in the past. Im begining to think its bad design and materials. Thanks for sharing your experience though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

After a long deliberation & sitting on the fence, I decided agaisnt RST's: prices seem to go up & down and questionable quality control.

I have taken the plung with these @ £85 from amazon: ororowear.com/products/calgary-heated-gloves

They are not hardcore biking glove as they don't have hard knucle protection. Similar construction to mitts but with goat skin palm & visor wipe.

The packaging, accessories, finish & build quality are first class. Looking forward to seeing how they perform:cool:

3. kirk holmes

kirk holmes Member

Would be interesting to see how you get on.

I opted for a second pair of RST's as all the other options were well over the £200 mark. Went out yesterday and my hands were hot lol. Gloves are bulky but thats to be expected. Battery lasted 3 hours so far. For the money they are good. Keis are nice but just too expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I tested them indoors and they were very slow to feel warm and after 1hr on max, my hands were very warm. But at the same time time, I noticed some parts of the gloves were not getting warm, I suspect the heating elements were faulty.
    Contacted the manufacturer and they were extremely helpful propmtly offered a replacement. So see how it goes.
    But I really like their functionality off the bike as I do a lot of cross country walk all year round including sub zero's!