HEL brake lines (non ABS)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Blix, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Blix

Blix Active Member

Bought some front SS front brake lines for 14 Blade as I'm changing the brake fluid anyway.
    They are 2 full length lines which seemed the only option, hasn't come with any fitting instructions other than take note of the OEM fitting which is pointless as they are 3 lines.
    Anyway they don't seem to have any indication of top or bottom so I assume they can go at any end and the double banjo bolt goes at the master cylinder and the two hoses run down to each calliper.
    Is there any requirement to clip the two hoses together until they get to the mudguard or can the just stay loose?
    I've fired off an email to HEL as I think they could provide a bit more identification on the hoses but I thought I'd ask on here as someone must of done it.
    Thanks in advance and awaits P155 take.

2. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Hi, I bought some HEL lines for ABS, I thought bleeding would be the main problem but they did not fit. Luckily I have a machine shop so could modify, I would like to know if anyone has bought these lines and fitted with no problems. I know this does not answer your question but has bugged me since buying

• Like Like x 1
  3. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

The angles of the banjos may be different for the master compared to the calipers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. levin

levin Active Member

Like tuktuk says , watch for the angles of the banjos, just dry fit them 1st and make up your mind before putting the fluid in , I put my rear line on wrong last week and had to turn it around and rebleed again
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. BikersDiscountStore

BikersDiscountStore Active Member

Upper banjos are 45 degree both bending right, lowers are 20 degree with the longer line going left side.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blix

Blix Active Member

Cheers m8, you think HEL would have been able to add a little bit if info to their generic instructions to provide that info.
    Thanks again

7. Blix

Blix Active Member

I received a reply from HEL very quickly confirming the above.
    Thanks again.

8. Jez

Jez Senior Member

The ABS kit has 4 lines with manifolds. the originals are tapped M5 to fit to the bike the HEL ones all drilled 5mm so will not bolt on. The bottom line to both of the the calipers has a 90 degree . The original is bent at an angle of about 70 degrees so it fits the brackets. The line from the master front cyl has the manifold 180 degrees out, The 2 rear lines with the manifolds would not go anyway near the brackets. original pipework comes out about 45 degrees HEL manifold 90 degrees so new ones had to be made, I am an engineer so have not fitted any the wrong way round.or wrong place They do look nice now fitted. I will post some pics if anyone wants