Hello and blade advice pls

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Shaba, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Shaba

Shaba Active Member

Hello all

Been reading posts on forum from all you good folk as I am looking to purchase my first blade. I went on a coiple test rides and fell in love with the speed, comfort and overall ride of it. Feels like the cbr600 but with a lot more stability and power. I have been riding over ten years in london all year round and my last bike was a cbr600 f4i. I am now looking to spend between 5k to 6k and have seen a bike on autotrader close by. It is 2008 and has around 4.5k on clock and two previous owners. In ad he stated new 2017 blade coming hence sale but on phone he told me its because the bike is too powerful and he wants a 600rr. I then do hpi and its all clear but he told me he had it for 6 months but on hpi it shows as 2 months. Would you go and look at it or are these alarm bells?

Cheers all and look forward to getting stuck in with the community here.

2. blake7

blake7 Active Member

Hi and welcome.

I always go on gut instinct and from you post you clearly have some doubts, so maybe take that as a sign to walk away?

You could easily get a newer blade for the money you have, plus you have to consider that some of the early blades has issues with the crank and burning oil.

Personally I would be looking at a 2010 onwards for the money.

3. Shaba

Shaba Active Member

Cheers @blake7 , I was thinking the same. Was talking to the missis about it bit she didnt look too bothered mate. The only feedback I got was why do you want a bike in winter! Will keep my eye out for a nice 2010 model

4. blake7

blake7 Active Member

If you are in no rush then wait until November onwards as prices will drop as less demand and you will get more for you money.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Leeb

Leeb Active Member

I'm in the same boat as you mate, same budget. Been looking for about 3-4 weeks.

Can't seem to come across a 10+ within budget that doesn't have high mileage etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Leeb

Leeb Active Member

Yeah, I get your point, I'm jut going on what I've gone to view over the last 4 weeks or so.

I'm also very fussy, I've looked at a couple of 10's in budget, but the ones I've seen are a bit rough round the edges. Some people's idea of immaculate are allot different to mine! A 5hr round trip last weekend wasted by someone telling me the bike was 'immaculate, I won't be disappointed' only for me to get there and notice significant scuffs on the engine case and fairing that don't colour match! Wasn't there 5 mins before i just said thanks and walked away!

7. Shaba

Shaba Active Member

I feel your pain mate. Right ones will come along for us soon eh! I been lookimg for over 10 weeks and nothing decent. Am thinking to uo the budget to 7.5k and pick a nice 2013 repsol but I will always be worried about were I park it and some car reversing into it which has happened to all my bikes!

8. Leeb

Leeb Active Member

I hope so! It's hard when you decide to get something & having to wait so long for the 'right' bike to come along!

Like you I ride in London occasionally, so the least I can get away with spending, the better as the more I spend, the more I'll be upset if it gets scratched, nicked etc etc. Also don't want to draw too much attention to myself.

I think i know the exact bike you mean on auto trader, not gone to view it myself, think it's been on there a while.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shaba

Shaba Active Member

Does anyone know why some people buy a blade and then sell it 2 to 6 months later? All I can think is that they do not test ride or have not been on one and realise its too much to handle? Could there be other reasons?

10. Jandy

Jandy Active Member

Hi welcome along, I bought my latest blade in june 2015 and on the log book the previous owner had bought it in February 2015, apparently he had traded in a Harley Davidson for this blade and then took it back 3 months later, must have been a slightly different riding style :rolleyes:

11. Shaba

Shaba Active Member

Thanks everyone for your advice. Managed to grab a lovely bike today and the advice provided on here was a big help.

Its a 2010 blade all black, 13k miles, yoshinura exhaust and r&g crash protectors. Am thinking to try and keep it all black or possibly add a little more decal. Suggestions welcome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#12 Shaba, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Leeb

Leeb Active Member

Very nice. Slightly jealous

13. Shaba

Shaba Active Member

Lol. The right one will come for you mate. Will keep my eye out as I got used to checking for bikes daily!

14. Sonic77

Sonic77 Active Member

Nice one, bike looks great!

15. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Hi and welcome !