Hello from the highlands

Discussion in 'New Members' started by justdug, Sep 12, 2011.

1. justdug

justdug Active Member

Hello the names Dug, From up in Inverness got a 2004 cbr1000rr which is a little bit sick after coming back from my 3000mile european trip yesterday. Gearbox has had it :frusty:

She has micron headers and a arrow tail can, with velocity stacks, power commander, ignition module and quickshifter, Pazzo levers, gilles rear sets and chain adjustors, ohlins rear shock and 162bhp and the back wheel which i thought wasnt to shabby for the poor old girl. But i'm on the look out a rr6 or rr7 engine and gearbox to give her a wee update. :yes2:

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Hiya Dug, welcome to the forum from about as south as it gets (except for the Cornish)

Sorry to hear about the sickness in the family, the mods sound tasty.

How about posting some pictures of your Euro tour, nothing they like better on here than flicking through peoples pictures.

See you around (well, probably not, actually)

Ken

3. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Welcome fella.. would like to see some pics of the bike , Sounds a cracker

4. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Areet dug, bike sounds nice. Tis a good place to be is this forum, hope you like it.

5. justdug

justdug Active Member

Tried to upload a few on to this thread via manage attachments but it won't work, Can anyone recommend a better way of putting up a few pictures?

Cheers

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Dug, it's almost certainly the size of the pictures causing the problem. They don't need to be any more than about 800 pixels wide to post and that makes them a reasonable size for uploading. Most of the guys on here create a photobucket account and use that to resize their images for them. I prefer to keep the images on my machine and use the download at this link for windows based systems

Image Resizer PowerToy Clone for Windows | Download Image Resizer PowerToy Clone for Windows software for free at SourceForge.net

Once installed you can resize images by right clicking on them and selecting 'resize image', then picking the size you need. It then makes a copy of your original at the correct size.

Cheers

Ken

7. bladerunner2010

bladerunner2010 Active Member

Welcome from one newbie to another

8. justdug

justdug Active Member

Pictures by justdug666 - Photobucket

There's a few pics on that the now, I took off my ohlins to get it serviced, Could anyone recommend who is the best for that?

I also put on my spare orange wheels on doesnt look the best but the tyres on my black wheels wouldnt of lasted the trip and i couldnt be bothered swapping a heap of tyres on rims. :frusty:

Gotta say tho those ventura racks are amazing! Best luggage system i've ever used! :dirol:

We went from Kirkcaldy in Fife to Newcastle got the boat to Ijmuiden then to Solden which was about 650 mile ride, Got off the boat at 9:30am and got there at 10:30Pm the second day we went from Solden to Rimini to go watch the moto gp at missano which was brilliant then we stayed a few days in italy did a few passes like the timmeljoch and neighboring passes never bothered with the stelvio this year did it two years ago. Then we proceeded up to the nurburgring and did a few hours on that and headed home. Few breakdowns and near misses but all in all 11 bikes turned up and 11 bikes left so cant complain and not one gel seat to be seen amung 11 sport bikes :)

9. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

best part of your trip was it Newcastle? lol

10. justdug

justdug Active Member

Yeah it was must of been all the classy women.......................... lol I remember in 2009 when we did a european tour we met a girl called 7up on the way out on the boat she had 4 men and on the way back she had 3, boat only takes something like 16 hours to cross lol

11. bladebhoy

bladebhoy Active Member

welcome dug from another scot, hope your bike gets better soon. sounded like an awesome trip.

12. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

welcome to the forum mate, its got a good following on here now