HELLO! NEW 2018 OWNER - HOPING TO DO SOME TRACK DAYS

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Tooney84, May 25, 2024.

1. Tooney84

Tooney84 New Member

Hi All,

New to the world of Fireblade's, recently acquired a 2018 with the intention of doing some track days with it.
    Was hoping to get some advice on the most suitable exhausts for UK tracks. I've currently got an Arrow - Pro Race Titanium fitted and its loud even with the baffle in! Anyone here currently using an SC77 for track days?? If anyone has any experience to share on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.
    Martin.

2. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Hi and welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Welcome.
    I'd be tempted to ride to one of your local tracks and get noise tested before booking as some of tracks are getting a bit strict lately. I've been black flagged at 4 different tracks this year due to noise. Never had an issue before then.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tooney84

Tooney84 New Member

Did they tell you what you what DB you was being reordered at?? From everything I'm reading it does seem quite strict. To be honest the noise levels was something I overlooked when I bought the bike...
    I've got Donno on my doorstep and I was hoping I could do just that but apparently they use one of those trackside devices. Think I'll look into swinging by the next closest track and see where I'm at. Plus I'll track down a used OEM exhaust to put back on in the meantime... Cheers

7. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Yes if you ask then they'll tell you, but like you say at Donny you don't find out if you're too loud until you're out there and get flagged. You could try Mallory if that's not too far?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tooney84

Tooney84 New Member

I'm off to Mallory on Friday to get it checked

• Like Like x 2
  9. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I had the same Arrow on my 2018 and yes, it'll be way too loud. As has been said before, go down to your nearest track and head for the end of pit lane. There's normally Marshals hanging round there, just ask them to do a quick test, I've done that before at Oulton so hopefully they're as helpful at Donny. I'm sure Donny is a bit less strict, could be wrong o_O

I would definitely use an Oem exhaust for a 2018. They look good, are titanium and you can pick one up cheap. Did you not get one with the bike??

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Best thing about the 17+ Blades is the stock exhausts, they look good and sound great too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tooney84

Tooney84 New Member

Hi Paulo. I agree, the OEM does look good on these bikes. Unfortunately didn't get one with the bike but I do have one on order which I'm hoping to have in hand in the next couple of days. I'm booked onto a track day near end of June at Donno so I'll feel a bit better once the OEM is on!

• Like Like x 1
  12. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Sorry, found this ebay cheap as chips, little mark but otherwise good condition, hope you've not spent a fortune on a new one :rolleyes:
    Screenshot_20240603-123012_eBay.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tooney84

Tooney84 New Member

That's a good find! Wish i'd seen this one! haha...