Helmet noise

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by djfleming22, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Bats

Bats Active Member

As a arai rx7 latest singing dancing helmet owner and have always used arai they are ONE NOISEY HELMET but they fit me mint ;) must admit though i can wear earplugs due to been paranoid about engine noise etc been a mechanic!

2. bladebhoy

bladebhoy Active Member

quietest helmet is schuberth, big skirt underneath surrounds your neck.

3. scratcher

scratcher Active Member

Yep I can recommend a Schuberth lid. I have been using the R1 for a year now and it is a quality quiet helmet. I am still using ear plugs after I noticed tinnitus getting louder. I use the diy molded plugs from ebay and now don't suffer hearing loss after a ride.

4. Moily

Moily Active Member

I recently moved from an Arai Viper GT to a Shoei XR-1100 and was amazed by the difference in wind noise. The Arai was hard-going on motorways even with ear-plugs but the Shoei (with whisper strip) is soooo much quieter that ear plugs aren't necessary any more (although I wear them on motorway trips as I value my hearing).

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Really ? That is impressive . How old was your Arai when you changed ?

6. Moily

Moily Active Member

3 years old. I wasn't impressed by the build quality of the Arai tbh, particularly the unbelievably annoying visor change mechanism which is enough to try the patience of a saint. I'm loving the Shoei quick-release system - can swap the visor in a few seconds instead of 10 minutes with the Arai!

7. dan.1moore1

Yeah it took me a good few attempts to get used to the visor mechanism . I still cant get it on first time lol.

8. dan.1moore1

Here is an interesting fact from a motocross friend of mine.

He has had most makes of motocross lid and not really preferred 1 from another but this season he coughed up for an Arai.

Looks stunning however this season he has crashed 3 times and all 3 times he has been knocked out. He has smashed a few helmets up over the years but never been knocked out 3 times in 3 crashes.