HELP alarm wont re-set

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by rollsroyce, Jan 10, 2013.

1. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

Fukin alarms, HELP have just got the bike out of the shed, put battery back in - started- no probs - rode back to my flat - have just come out and although i pressed the alarm off button on my Datatool, the red HISS light is still flashing, so when i put the key in the ignition the alarm goes off, so i cant start the bloody bike the alarm resets after 30 secs no problem,its just the hiss light does not go out so the system is still armed. thanks in anticipation Ken

2. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

The red hiss light will flash with no key in or you can press buttons on clock so it does not flash ? I think the problem is with your datatool do you have another fob to try ?

3. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

yep its a datatool problem i think, i have tried another fob,and the same result, as said before it does through the motions but it is still armed, i dont think it is a hiss prob, i just mentioned that as to a guide line, my mate knows a chap that will look at it only before i spend monies i thought someone might have a clue as to the problem,

4. wedgiewolves#223

I know somew people really need alarms but i remove every one i get in to sell on salvage etc as they can be a nightmare. Hope you get it sorted cheaply

5. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

yeah mate know what ya mean, if they're gonna nick your bike they will, this alarm was fitted from new (prev owner) have been on touch with the alarm chappie he says they fault up showing 12.1 volts, mine is showing 12.7, ?? i have taken the battery off and am now charging it up to max. (bike bolted to the wall ,outside at the moment ha ha)

6. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Hey,
    Sorry to hear you are having problems gettin the bike back to its home.
    The hiss system and the datatool are not connected in any way to each other.

The hiss system uses the rfid chip in the key to verify the correct key is used to start the bike(keys need to be registered with the ecu to be correct) the hiss light flashes with the ign off to show its working.

When the ign is switched on the hiss light comes on and tries to fetch the code from the keys rfid if it matches the code in ecu memory the light goes off and fuel pump primes (depending on how the alarm fitter wired imobiliser of datatool).

If this is how the hiss light behaves you know hondas hiss is working correctly and problem only lies with datatool unit.

The datatool alarms do fail and its a common thing not just with datatool units. really big pain in the butt if your a hundred miles from anywhere when it does!

Do you know anything about automotive wiring systems?

#6 ShinySideUp, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  7. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

yeah mate know what ya mean, if they're gonna nick your bike they will, this alarm was fitted from new (prev owner) have been on touch with the alarm chappie he says they fault up showing 12.1 volts, mine is showing 12.7, ?? i have taken the battery off and am now charging it up to max. (bike bolted to the wall ,outside at the moment ha ha)

8. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

I have had a reply from a datatool person, who said quote, go into "support" key in the alarm model and i will find "despike" which will show me how to overcome this, well ,i have done this and cant find any reference to this word at all so i have mailed them again,

9. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

Oh for the days of my R1 it had jack shit alarm wise on it, pressed the bloody button and away you went, ha ha

10. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

Hi guys i have had a reply this morning from datatool, it appears the alarm is "SPIKED" i have to take the whole bloody bike apart front lh panel - rear seat unit etc, its just pissing me off, unplug this unplug that wait 6 hours, then plug it all in again, i have just rang the alarm engineer to take the fking crap out of the bike, have got no faith in it now, trust has gone

11. wedgiewolves#223

If you dont need alarm remove it mate they are a piece of piss to take off whoever makes it

12. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

so where do i fkin start then i have got all the panels off and it looks like spaghetti junction

13. wedgiewolves#223

Ha ha first take your time with it. Find the alarm box usually in the rear cowl. Undo all tape heat shrink there should only be black wires coming out the unit . This is just bridges into your wiring so follow a wire at a time to where it goes into your loom then 1 by 1 take a wire off join original loom back together remove negative lead off battery save popping your fuses. Some go to ignition wiring also but basically the same process.

14. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

well i followed the datatool advice procedure, the bike started, stopped it, and guess what the fkin bike immobilsed again, so that was enough for me,into my mates van, over to the local motorcycle shop, £57 later, and hey ho i have got a blade that is minus the shit datatool alarm but the bloody bike runs, result or what ??

15. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad to hear that it's all going now