Help/Opinion needed

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by F1CT1C10U5, Sep 28, 2018.

1. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

CONTEXT:
    So, early this month I bought some parts for a YAMAHA XJ600S DIVERSION, both side of the front fairing + the windscreen, both used.
    It was for a friend that fixes up motorcycles. So far so good, parts arrived, everything as advertised, gave parts to my friend, after a quick check up, everything seemed fine.

PROBLEM:
    Turns out the mounts of the fairings didn't match the motorcycle. Probably although in the outside fairings are the same, at some point Yamaha re-engineered something, and from year to another, mounts moved position. That is not the seller's fault in any way.
    Contacted the seller inquiring about a possible return for both items, and explained the reasons. Although he didn't reply to my message, he did accepted the return for the windscreen, but not for the fairings.
    Fairings: 44,99 GBP
    Screen: 24,99 GBP
    Shipping: 7,99 GBP

I got a refund for 32,98 GBP, which is the sum of the screen and the shipping.

HELP/OPINION:
    I sent the seller a couple of messages, inquiring if there was any reason for accepting one of the items and not the other, since both items said returns were accepted within 14 days. He didn't respond to any of my messages. I looked around, and found and website for that shop, phoned the number that was on the website, but no one picked up. Don't know if he missed the call, or simply saw that it was a number from abroad, and simply ignored it.
    At this point I think I'll simply whip the windscreen back, but... Do you think there is any other option/thing I can do?

Thanks in advance.

2. F1CT1C10U5

Forgot to mention that the shop is based in UK... that's why I'm asking here. :)

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Not what you want to hear, but would probably be more trouble than what it's worth to go further. If purchased through eBay, you could lodge a 'Buyer Dispute', but that's usually a long road with no guarantee of success. It's an unfortunate truth that there's always an element of risk when purchasing online through unknown sellers.:(

• Like Like x 1
  4. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

If he don't respond, keep the screen along with the refund and I'm sure he'll be in touch. Or at least you've got it to sell on

5. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Or open the dispute and if he doesn't respond eBay will give the refund

6. F1CT1C10U5

Thanks for the input guys.
    I thought about this for a while. The seller (Jordan) was pretty much always a nice guy all through the process. I sent him numerous messages before and during the purchase process (stuff about combined shipping), and he always replied, and was always nice.
    So, because of that, I won't open a dispute with eBay, I'll return the windscreen, and sell the fairings to a company that deals with used motorcycle parts. I'm pretty sure I can get at least what I paid for them, so... no harm done.

7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Most people are 'nice' when promoting/selling a product. Their true personality is measured in times of indifference. Prisons across the world are full of 'nice' guys.

But you're right @F1CT1C10U5 , you'll probably come out of it alright by selling them.