Help! problems fitting Rearsets...plz

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by thezipsteruk, Oct 10, 2015.

1. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Evening gents and ladies.
    I have spent the afternoon rolling around on the floor trying to fit some rearsets I bought from Ebay.
    Bonamici Racing btw, I wanted them as not only are they are black so they go better imo but they will help relieve some pressure on my joints by dropping them back and down over standard position which is uncomfortable for me now.

My problem is 2 things:-

1. The seller sold the exhaust hanging bracket and cannot get it, so any help or suggestions of how I can do this/buy/borrow/fabricate? I am not very skilled and have no garage so it has to be simple.

2. I fitted them on and replaced the brake switch with a Hydraulic switch as advised on here. But my problem is way too much travel and no pressure. I have tried to bleed them but all i get is dribbles and air bubbles.
    Ive never had any problems bleeding before any help would be great?

IMG_7499.jpg IMG_7500.jpg

2. scooby

scooby Elite Member

for your brake problem,take off the caliper,and have it above the cylinder,then bleed it,as you have it,any air will just go to the top of the line where th ecurve is.

hanger bracket,simple answer woul dbe bonimichi themsleves

3. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Didn't Sinewave post up a link in the other thread as to where u get spares?

4. thezipsteruk

Yeah he did but the supplier doesn't have anything like that, she said she had emailed Bonamici themselves as @scooby said and would let me know when they come back. No Joy as yet of course!

Been out there again this morning and the brake thing has me beat, the lever just doesn't seem to be moving the fluid. Ive taken off the brake line to check its clear (it is) than I removed the hydraulic switch that looks clear too and bases air through easy so fluid should be fine.
    But when i depress the lever with the switch off no fluid is being expelled from the top??
    Am I being thick, I'm so disappointed, and Im running out of time. need this bike for work tomorrow or else its the bus!
    Cheers for your help

5. scooby

scooby Elite Member

have you bled it like I said?

6. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Try a speed bleeder mate. I always found the rear to be a PITA.

You can pick 1 up for about £20 off of evilbay and works a treat.

7. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Best thing is a 50 or 100mm syringe full of fluid and a bit or 6mm tube then crack open the bleed nipple and back feed from the calliper back to the master. I've found if bleeding brakes that short sharp pulses work better to push the Pistons out than slow pulls.

• Like Like x 2
  9. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Your also short on time but speed bleed nipples work well too.

10. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

I had a similar problem with my rear brake bleed and did exactly what scooby has said to do with something the same thickness as the disc between the pads, it then bled in minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. scooby

scooby Elite Member

the reason people struggle is because the bend in the brake line is above the bleed nipple on the caliper,so air stays at the highest point,raise the caliper to the highest point,job done.it really is that easy.....

• Like Like x 1
  12. thezipsteruk

Thanks to all you peeps with advice, a combination of the different methods here worked a treat.
    I now have a rear brake back after dismantling the lot and starting again and bleeding (one of those vacuum pumps is on my christmas list though :) )
    I have cable tied the exhaust clamp to the rearsets so that the exhaust is not under strain and I will harass Bonamici on Monday about the bracket.

• Like Like x 1
  13. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

I take it the black bit is the bit you require?

[​IMG]

If Bonamici can't help I'm sure my mate would sort one from alloy. His brackets of that sort would be about £22 inc delivery.

Let me know inc the dimensions from hole centre to hole centre and how much offset is there on the boss which stands proud (which looks to be around 25mm inc the bracket thickness) and it'll be straight forward.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. thezipsteruk

Thats brilliant! thanks so much.
    I Just fired off an email to Bonamici to see what they say but that will be really useful if they draw a blank.
    Ill Let you know, But thanks again
    1000rr Forum Strikes again :) :) :)

• Like Like x 1