Hey all

Discussion in 'New Members' started by slowr1der, Apr 21, 2011.

1. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Hi everyone am new to the site and not a blade owner as of yet but am in the market for a new one. I am hoping to test ride a new one in the next week or so and then it will be down to finding the best deal i can (any recommendations would be appreciated):)

My previous rides were

2008 R1
    2007 GSXR 750
    2001 GSXR 1000
    2000 R6
    1998 ZX9
    and my 1st ever bike was a Honda 600 i think it was about a 1992 model.

Have done a few trackdays here and there and am a member of Odiham Motorcycle Club (majority of my trackdays have been with these guys). Its a really good club and for those of you that are not members and live around the Hampshire/Surrey area i would highly recommend it. If you are worried about binning your bike they do have club bikes you can hire at only £50 for the day, this is what i am having to do for the trackday on the 2nd May.

I have only ever ridden one blade, it was the 954 and i had it for most of the day definately up there with the 08 R1 in terms of grin factor.

Hopefully someone can hook me up with a cracking deal on a blade and i will become a fully fledged member of this nut house.

Thanks peeps

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

welcome and nice selection of bikes you have had. i test rode the new blade and BMW 1000RR and got to say i'm glad I went for the blade. stunning bike, fun confy even for a fatty and tall bloke like me

3. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

I also took the S1000rr out from Bahnstormers last August/Sept i think it was cant quite remember, i do remember it was raining though. Cracking bike and my mate is on his second one already however my brother has one so its not really an option for me at the mo and its also a tad out of my budget

4. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

Welcome to the site mate, I bought my new bike this year from George White Swindon (they deliver across the country) and have been very impressed with them. I haggled a great deal with them(great trade in price/few extras thrown in etc) and there after sales has been excellent(my alarm has been playing up) and they have looked after me very well

5. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

The R1 i had was originally from GW and i do pop up there once a month for a coffee and to browse the bikes, i am trying to stay away at the mo though cause they are now selling the RSV 4 and that machine is absolutely stunning. I have read through a few of the posts on here and i am not sure GW could match the deal that Farnham Honda gave to 1000rr, i went upto Abingdon Hondad yesterday and the best they could do was £10995 for the non ABS Repsol or £9995 for the 2010 urban tiger blade

6. blackblader

blackblader Active Member

welcome along from a fellow newbie

7. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Cheers matey looks a good site but a tad quiet at the mo

8. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi mate welcome.

Tad quiet but the site is only 12 weeks old! - already 130+ members so will pick up nicely in time... bear with us :Banane35:

9. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Thanks mate, looks a good site even though its new and i am sure it will grow into a monster site into next to no time. As it gets bigger will you be having dedicated areas for the different models of the blade?

10. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Welcome mate, nice to have you on board