Hey everyone from manchester

Discussion in 'New Members' started by gixerlc, Oct 5, 2011.

1. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

Hi everyone,

thought I'd introduce myself 22 year old 5 mins from the cat and fiddle my local haunt
    lots of bike experience. currently got a norton 650ss 1967 a rd 250lc and a rs125 in my bedroom haha to say Im bike obsessed is an understatement oh and a 675 race bike to lol and my dads got a 350lc and a gixer 750 trying to purswade him to the virtues of the fireblade haha.

pro award winning wildlife photographer and just starting to do more bike stuff :D

got a hutchy rep the signed one with the tt map over it fireblade absolutely love the bike dreamt about owning a blade since i had a poster on my wall in 92' although Im a perfectionist so now ive got an excuse to spend some money on it going to get it dialed into perfection for me

Unfortunately I hit some diesel the other day and it flipped into a wall lol first crash including track stuff luckily my 1pc arai lid bks leathers spidi boots and my tekic gloves with scafoid protectors did there job dread to think of what id be looking like if id had jeans on not a mark on me just a little bruise on my leg was a fast one so buzzing with how unmarked I am just been stripping the bike and sorting parts out with dad.

was one big bit of luck mind the tank with the signature was unmarked somehow lol buzzing over that haha

looking forward to my stay :D seems like a cracking forum

Ill stop rambling now haha

all the best,

Tom

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Welcome aboard pal .. 10/10 for having a blade at 22 . I had to get a 600 for 4 years coz i couldn't get insured ..

Post some pics up of your rebuild in the pics and vids section

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Welcome Tom, got to agree with dan, 22 and got a blade. Cracking. And seems you got a few bikes. We could do with some pics up

Again welcome

4. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

Thanks dan will do

work hard play hard I dont drink or smoke or go out just work like a man possessed with the photography to fund the bikes :D

Ill get some pics up in a mo remal of all the bikes in the pictures section some interesting and shocking things with the LC's but they are really coming along good

Thanks for the welcome,

Tom

5. dan.1moore1

Just like me then . Work , out on the bike , Working on my classics in the garage lol

6. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

deffo dan live for it :D think once you sit on that first bike thats it it becomes your life :D

7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Tom, you seem mental. You're going to fit right in. LOL

Cheers

Ken

8. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

hahahhaha thanks kev yup that sort of sums me up lol:D

9. djfleming22

djfleming22 Active Member

Welcome to the forum...glad to hear your ok .......but sorry to hear about the blade.....enjoy the forum good bunch on here

10. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

thanks mate just got some piccies up of the dammage in the pics gallery will be finished in about 2 months :) cant wait to have it done going to be pretty full on haha

11. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

A warm welcome, i am from Manchester (well i work there), enjoy the forum there are a lot of helpful chaps (& chapesses) on here.

12. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Hi Tom. And welcome to the best fireblade forum on the web bud, I can't keep away lol, I like the sound of the elsies you have, you can't beat a good stroker! Oh err missus! Sorry about the hutchy rep it looked a stunner.

13. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

gotta love the elsies the 250 is a beaut and the 350 had only done 12,000 miles ish just was left to rot but its coming up great :)

14. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Yea I bet, back in the late eighties I had a red and black 350 and when I went to buy it from the guy, thought I'd be a smart Arse so popped a wheelie turned round at the bottOm of his street popped another one and oh shit- over the back and I've still got the scars to prove it, lol good memory's though.

15. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

haha yup the've got some lovley power in them I wish they still made 2 strokes would love an rg 500 one day my 250 was mars bars colourway and the 350 a very rare one Ill get some pictures up in a bit :D

16. dan.1moore1

Have a look at NuttyTart's Rg 500 Flickr: nuttytart500's Photostream .... It was in Performance bikes Mag not long ago

17. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

omg now that is the bike suzuki need to build on another level that :)

18. rocket

rocket Active Member

welcome tom. a blade owner and lc nut sounds like your fitting in just great here mate. restored a few lc,s myself in last 5 years but stupidly passed them on!. will dig out some pics and tag onto your lc thread if ok! enjoy

19. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

go for it matey love looking at other lcs :) look forward to it the 250 is going to be something special got all the parts new and genuine for it all boxed up bar a few items just gotta find a blue dot nos right hander and nearly done :)

20. rocket

rocket Active Member

yes good luck on that one. i seen new clock covers (uk ones) go for nearly 300 and nos petrol tanks for 600. its crazy but no other bike has touched so many people as these. just wish i was still an owner. will add some pics by weekend.