Hey everyone

Discussion in 'New Members' started by sync24, Jun 20, 2011.

1. sync24

sync24 Active Member

Hey everyone - I just found out about the site from twitter [thanks Repsol Fanatic] I ride a '09 Repsol ABS with 17k miles on it and I live in Whitstable, Kent.

Have a few things to discuss (1) The ongoing saga/nightmare with my TaylorMade exhaust :decision: (2) Modification chat and (3) possible track day, ride out mates!

Cheers!

Kev.

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

welcome to the forum. Did you add all the miles on your blade yourself?

Also what nightmares are u having with the Taylormade?

3. sync24

sync24 Active Member

Cheers! Yep - I done all the miles myself - had the bike since new after my 07 Repsol got pinched - The TaylorMade is nice but it's never fitted properly and the carbon trim is damaged from vibration and a &*&£$%^ dodgy dealer in London who never fitted it back properly after a service. :-( It's been with Dave Hammond Racing recently who said they would be able to fix it properly and repair the damage [I wanted it painted and trimed in aluminium] - but they rung me today to say they can't fix it! So I am thinking of just sticking the exhaust on ebay and buying a R77 - at least that would fit properly! TM have not been very helpful I know others have had fit ment problems as well :-(

4. GSP

GSP Active Member

Welcome, best colour bike too ;)

I've heard of loads of problems with taylor made exhausts, that's what swung it towards the Yoshimura for me as I've had them before.

I went into twowheelcentre (the main uk distributor) as I'm only around the corner, they said they have never had a single problem, yet most people I know have had problems (including someone with an ongoing complaint with them), so them lieing put me off straight away.

Main problems I have heard are

1) Rear wingarm getting stained, mostly noticable on silver swingarms.
    2) Really poor fitment
    3) Pipework is just shocking, badly designed and corrodes very quickly.

I've seen number 1 and 2 on a bike they had in getting forks seals changed. I've not seen any corrosion on pipe work but, it looks very poor quality off the bike and behind the lovely carbon cover.

#4 GSP, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  5. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

Welcome to the site, take that American rubbish of your pride a joy and buy yourself a Yoshi. You won't be disapointed

6. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Is the TM on ebay now ? If it is the 1 i emaild you yesterday about a buy now price.

7. sync24

sync24 Active Member

No not yet mate - got to get my R77 1st!

8. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

oh ok.. never mind then lol

9. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

The yoshi for the blad is yosh USA not yosh Japan lol

I agree though. Get an arrow Leo vince or Akra. Best build quality and proven to be good for power gains. That taylormade set up just looks wrong to me behind the carbon panel.

10. sync24

sync24 Active Member

Looks like a "warranty parts" order from my supplier in the states is in order then.........

11. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Hi sync / Kev , and welcome to the site .... I have only been on the site for a week myself . Finding everyone on here to be really friendly .
    You are fairly local to me down here in Folkestone . I am impressed with your mileage ... you obviously get out and about a lot (or commute) . Really bad news on the TM exhaust ... no excuses for poor fitment or quality in this day and age . I personally have a Leo Vince on mine and its just sweeeeet as .

12. sync24

sync24 Active Member

Hey Nutty Tart - What a great name! - I used to commute to London last year - pretty much rode for 8 months solid - now It's for fun only. Looking forward to getting the bike back on Wednesday and it looks like I am gonna go for a R77 - I like the heat shield which looks pretty trick!

13. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Yup .. I know what you mean about the heatshield .. very nice . The LV has a carbon one but no etchings