hi all i have the most amazing problem

Discussion in 'New Members' started by alec, Sep 10, 2015.

1. alec

alec Active Member

I finely sold my 1992 urban tiger did mass around with other bikes . But soon come back to the fold .with a 2001 929 completely standard . Which is a really nice bike . Then one drunk night I got a 1000rr5 of ebay . I cant afford two bikes really one has to go but . There just so nice WP_20150902_20_03_31_Pro.jpg WP_20150704_16_27_40_Pro.jpg 929 has so much potential easy going fun. 1000rr so much power I can't make my mind up some advice or point of view would be grateful received. And appreciated

Attached Files:

#1 alec, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. Sam Bird

Sam Bird New Member

I wasn't a fan of my 929RRY it just lacked something i couldn't put my finger on, I chopped it in and got another Gixxer 750 for a couple of years before coming back to a Blade. So if it were my choice i would get rid of the 929 and keep the RR5

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nickw

Nickw Active Member

When I saw the title of the post I initially thought you'd be better off with an On Line Doctor forum rather than a Fireblade problem.:rolleyes:

I'm sure that both bikes will bring a smile to your face so do what is right economically for you.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

I had a 929 before I got my RR5, for me it's the RR5 hands down, far better bike. As Sam Bird said the 929 just lacks something, but is still one hell of a motorcycle. Both will bring you great joy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

My mate just bought a 929 and I rode it home for him, it handles lovely etc but it just felt gutless, looking down I was going faster than I thought I was but it just lacked anything special. I did think it would make a good comuter but wasn't fun enough for me.
    Also the 1000 looks nicer IMO

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sam Bird

Sam Bird New Member

It's really hard to say what it was with the 929RR, as a Youngster i grew up with Pictures of Urban Tigers and Streetfightered Blades all over my Walls and always said when i was old enough i was going to get a Blade, When i passed my test i waited a few years then got the 929RR and i was a little dissapointed, it didn't have that WOW factor that i had been looking forward too, As already said, It was quick, it was Very quick in fact, and also as already said you don't know you are going as fast as you was but it was just missing the Fun factor, it was a very "Sensible" bike and i just didn't ever fall in love with it, whereas all my Gixxers i have had a proper Love Affair with, and now this 2012 Blade is like a Filthy Dirty Hooker who wants you to do dirty things to it compared to the Vicars daughter that was the 929 :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. alec

alec Active Member

This is my problem . Get the slut to go on a diet. Or get the Vickers daughter to come to the darker side of power ................

8. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

For me this would be an easy choice. I'd be keeping the rr5, all round it's just a much better motorcycle. At the end of the day you have to go with the bike that gives you the most enjoyment.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sam Bird

Sam Bird New Member

lol, Nothing wrong with a Fat Slut, especially on a Friday night :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I loved my all yellow 929, great bike but I traded in for a Black rr5 much like yours, I then traded it in for a new 2011 repsol, I have loved each one for different reasons and to be fair I would possibly put the 5 top?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jandy

Jandy Active Member

The simple solution. .......
    Keep both bikes and get rid of something else, problem solved :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. alec

alec Active Member

I have uuummmm and rrrr over this for years .and still have the two bikes . Ride one till it needed something put it away get the other one out .so sick of changing my mind. Walked in to a dealerships on the weekend and PX the pair for a 2012 blade
    problem over. Worse problems to have .

• Like Like x 2