Hi All

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Hawk, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Hawk

Hawk Active Member

Been looking at buying a Blade this year. Think I like the 2010 HRC best. Had a 1998 Blade then went onto an 04 GSXR1000. Miss the sports bikes (I have a touring bike) so looking at getting back into it with the Blade. Any really bad things about the Blade? I rode a BMW S1000RR and it was too mental - brilliant but totally impractical. Your thoughts?

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Book a test ride mate. Most people on here tested most bikes and bought a blade as they are so nice to ride.

Welcome to the forum by the way, I think there is a thread on here about reasons people bought a blade. Some good opinions and experiences in there

3. Si.

Si. God Like

Hi. I bought one without test riding ( snow and ice) I went on looks. really easy to ride Slow, and fekin mental when you thrash it. Brilliant all rounder. Black and gold is fastest colour.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gums

Gums Active Member

saw mine on ebay 10 months old and £3000 off purchase price and totally mint with 800 miles, didn't sit on it till after bought her. Best machine iv'e ever purchased. Also lived in Falmouth for 5 years where are you in Cornwall "me handsome" ?

#4 Gums, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  5. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Welcome mate, any Blade is awesome.

6. Hawk

Hawk Active Member

Live just outside Falmouth but originally from Whitby and mostly lived around Leeds so a Yorkie.
    Bought my Gixxer1000k4 without riding it - I just knew it was going to be great. I've got the same feeling about getting a Blade again. So far this year I've test ridden - CB1000R, S1000RR, VFR1200 and K1300S but although they we're all nice enough I didn't get that 'must have' feeling. I know if I ride the Blade I will.

7. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

Always wanted a blade since my dad had a brand new urban tiger and I rode it round the car park at Uni! (blimey, that's going back a bit!)

I was tempted by Dobles 5yr 0% with very low deposit. With 0%, the lower the deposit the better right even if you have the money!? Its easier to convince the mrs too! LOL

8. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

No no..its just black mate, thats the fastest one, you have the second fastest colour

9. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

HRC go faster stickers defo make the blade quicker! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Test rode the balde and BMW 1000rr and a few others. The balde ticked all the boxes. Loved it. Now done 1800 miles since march, first ever track day on the blade yesterday and touring Europe next month.

Cracking bike

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Hawk

Welcome to the forum, they're a good bunch on here, make you feel properly welcome. I'm a newbie too and registered on a bunch of forums when I bought my FireBlade but this is the one I keep coming back to.

I don't know about the fastest colour but my RR2 is White and Blue and you'd be surprised how often people get out of the way when they see a White and Blue bike come up behind them quickly.

12. Hawk

Hawk Active Member

Cheers. Still thinking about making that purchase. I know I'll love it but need to make sure I'm gonna get the use out of it before I buy. I've been a big user of the Nurburgring (500+ laps) but haven't been seriously since 2007. If I buy a Blade it will definitely come up on the agenda again. Going on hol soon so maybe I'll look seriously after that.

13. masher66

masher66 Active Member

Blade is a very relaxing ride - seating position probably most comfortable from all of the current sports bike crop..but twist that throttle and the thing is ballistic...get a test ride organised, you'll not be disappointed !

14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to digress for a second, but I'd like to quickly ask Masher about his Repsol Seat. Perhaps it's the difference in ergonomics between the two models but after a couple of hours in the saddle my arse feels like I've got the slipperiest bar of soap in the prison shower. I've got an RR2 with standard seat. Has the passage of time convinced Honda that the saddle isn't just the bit where the operator is fitted, or is the Repsol replacement one just a better bum soother than factory fitted?

15. masher66

masher66 Active Member

You just need to cultivate an arse a little less bony than the average skeleton lol

16. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, it's sweet of you to notice.

17. masher66

masher66 Active Member

Lol - welcome

18. rocket

rocket Active Member

welcome and nice to have another local member will have to venture out for a spin when you get your wheels.