Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by BionicAnt, Jun 21, 2013.

1. BionicAnt

BionicAnt New Member

Ive been checking out this forum for a while now as im thinking of upgrading to a Blade.

A little bit about my unfortunate / fortunate riding history :D

I Passed my DAS Test on 29th September 2011, bought myself a CBR600F Sport 2002. Rode it all year covering 24,000 miles through all weathers.

IMAG0194.jpg

On 29th September 2012 i had a bad accident, resulting in 2 snapped femurs, a shattered right ankle and left wrist :(

Luckily the Yorkshire Air Ambulance got me to Hospital in time and i was fitted with titanium femurs, ankle screws and wrist plates :D
    Whilst in hospital i treat myself to a 2010 VFR800 in white a gorgeous looking bike.

vfr800.jpg

I started riding again about 6 month after my accident, which was a massive achievement for me. The VFR is a very comfortable bike but im struggling to get on with the VTEC engine. I took it to the IOM for practice week and it just seemed jerky and snatchy.

It may be 6 month or so before i get a blade but id like to get stuck into the forum instead of just reading as a guest.

I hope you found my little story interesting, ive certainly had an interesting journey over the past 8 1/2 month :)

My location is:

Living in the North East
    Currently in Military Rehab unit in Plymouth
    Normally based in Portsmouth :)

Thanks for reading

ANT :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome, Im also full of titanium :D
    I find the blade uncomfortable and can't ride too far but fek me is it worth the pain :D:D:D

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Ant. I thought I kept seeing someone lurking in the background. It must have been you.

Kudos on getting back on the bike after your mishap. Titanium femurs, eh...We love Titanium on here so you should fit right in. Enjoy your stay.

Ken

PS Martin you should think about starting your own group on here. The Tits. There's a pair of you already.

• Like Like x 4
  4. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Welcome to the forum, Ant. I knew you'd be a North Easterner when I instantly recognised the showroom with the VFR in it :D

Look forward to perhaps meeting up with you if you're about. We're building a nice little group in this corner of the country now and they're a cracking bunch of people on here.

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

'Ang on, 'ang on, he's a Plymouth boy at the moment. Don't you just go claiming him back like that.

6. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Welcome mate ;)

7. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Calm down, Kenneth. You'll give yourself one of your migraines.

8. rooroorooster

rooroorooster Active Member

Welcome mate, glad you recovered and got back on a bike, especially within 6 months, that's a great achievement with the injuries. The VFR is a stunner - WOW! I can see a StormTrooper sat on that :)

9. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

Hi and welcome. Thanks for sharing your story!!

10. BionicAnt

BionicAnt New Member

Thanks for the welcome :)

Martin: I was reading your thread this morning about checking your oil, pleased your bike wasnt a write off :) Im lucky with my injuries, when im on the bike im actually more comfortable than when im walking around lol...

BoroRich: Yeah ive bought both my bikes from there, nice bloke is Derek :) There are a few people off my local forum who i think are on here. A meet up is definitely on the cards!

Matrixx - Youll probably get sick of me bringing it up mate, but its been my life for the past 8 month. All i know is rehab, rehab rehab rehab lol 5 hours a day 5 days a week lol

11. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

OMFG he's gone from top crip on Smoggies forum to harassing the good people of this one. Ant, hang your head in shame or ill tell Hannah you were looking for sympathy pmsl ;)

#11 F1reblade, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  12. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

That does sound lucky mate, I did my femur also but the things I struggle with now is hip a knee (now replaced) but like I say it's worth the pain.
    6 months back on the bike is really impressive well done mate! Took me 19.5 months just to learn to walk again lol.

13. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Top effort Ant good luck for the future dude

• Like Like x 1
  14. glynn

glynn Member

Welcome to the forum mate and Well done on getting back on the bike so quickly, determination or what! The viffer looks nice too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BionicAnt

BionicAnt New Member

ah Betty, thought youd be one here lol. I just thought id write an interesting, memorable post rather than something boring.... Like for instance your first post, "Hi im john and ive just returned from the TT " lmao Im sure there is a TT section on here where you can tell everyone about your marshaling ;)

Martin: The only reason i recovered so quickly was because the Navy want me back at sea lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Welcome to the forum Ant, good story, you navy types seem to like tattoos so perhaps you should be treating yourself to one of these

image.jpg

Due to my fat fingers, that was almost a pic Kate humbles arse.

• Like Like x 1
  17. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

Barely mentioned it Ant. Notice I didn't tell the story of how we had to pick your leg up so you could try sitting on my Blade.....I'm too good to you. Anyway welcome aboard matey :)

18. BionicAnt

BionicAnt New Member

That is a cool Tat lol,

A few people suggested this:

[​IMG]

Well its good to be on a busy forum again john :)

#18 BionicAnt, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  19. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Oh he's actually a smoggie too. This gets better. For a moment there I thought he might be a........

[​IMG]

Mackem.

20. BionicAnt

BionicAnt New Member

In fact on a serious note Pete, that symbol might be a good idea for my wrist. I have a 3 inch scar down my wrist that looks like a suicide attempt :( if i got a Ti22 symbol it might explain.... hmmmm, cheers for the idea bud!