Hi From Jamz

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Jamz, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Hi guys, new to the forum and owning a Blade :)

Heres my baby:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Hey mate, welcome to the site. Nice bike. What did you do with your old zorst?

3. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Hi mate, ty

Ive still got it and was looking to sell it actaully, just havent had the time too

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

welcome and very nice bike mate

5. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Well that was short lived...

Went to Box Hill on Sunday, returning home to Portsmouth...Lost my Buddies infront so didnt have a reference on a turn i didnt know...too fast, lost the bike

Headlight unit=Fooked
    Nose fairing=Fooked
    Left indicator=Fooked
    T-Brackets that holds clocks/fairing=Snapped
    Left Fairing=Needs painting
    Front Mudguard=Needs Painting
    Tank cover=Needs painting

£500 insurance Excess and 2yrs no claims LOST

Thankfully me and the missus (yes i had a pillion) are okay bar my girlfriend having a sprained wrist..As much as im gutted and am pissed with myself for doing a turn too fast i didnt know im also glad i reacted the way i did:

Once i knew i was too fast alot of riders say more throttle and lean the bike more to so you power around the corner or an automatic reaction can sometimes lead to slamming the brakes on, i guess i done a bit of both..after i realized more throttle wasnt going to work i stood the bike up braked hard but without locking any wheels and ended up in a grass verge on the opposite side of the road it was this grass verge that sent me over once the tyre hit the grass under braking it was game over..

Im just glad that it was grass on the other side of the road and i reacted the way i did otherwise that car i missed coming the other way would of been on top of us..i must of only been doing 15mph by the time the bike went into the grass verge ditch but it was enough to do that Dmg to the front end..

3 days i had the bike..if there are any possitives out of this apart from the obvious its a lesson learnt which i guess i just forgot form the absence of riding...dont do corners you dont know too fkin fast and even though its cost me 500 squids i get a new front end more or less and some of the things i wasnt happy with originally re-painted..

6. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

HI mate,

Absolutely gutted for you especially as you had only just got the bike. Good thing is that you and the gf are OK though.

Have you considered fixing the bike yourself to keep the no claims? It might help with insurance next time around (which will skyrocket with a claim and loss of NCB!).

7. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Hi bud,

Well to be honest I had a friend comedown and look at what dmg there was as he used to work for a dealership but has gone solo etc so is a good source for bits but it would cost more than my excess by the time it's all painted etc and there isn't nothing to sell on the bay either as it's all trashed so with that and not really having spare funds to mess around with I've decided to insurance route and on the plus side I can get all the lil extras done too like tank cover etc which was starting to scuff up a bit plus small crack in mudguard...both those things will be replaced/painted now so has to be best option right now.

Carl

8. Yaxi

Yaxi Active Member

NOOOOO ! Glad yer ok

9. matt

matt Active Member

gutted for ya

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

sorry to hear the news. glad you both are ok

11. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Well bikes been picked up today so hopefully shouldnt be long before i have a nice shiny blade....again

Oh and if you can do a rain dance for me everyday untill it comes back il appreciate it :))

12. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Bike should be back next week, total repair cost £3450!

I could of sworn there wasnt that much damage...eh umm

:) new bike baby

13. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

I would love to do a rain dance for you, but as a idiotic car driver uturned infront of me without any indication 3 weeks ago, I now have a broken leg and fractured pelvis......not that I'm bitter much!!!

14. wilkie

wilkie Active Member

Bloody hell, just goes to show you never know just whats around the corner, take care mate!!

15. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Hi wilkie, see your Pompey too?

16. milemonkey

milemonkey Active Member

Easy done m8.. I only just managed to keep my Gixer on the tarmac after nearly running outta road round a bend on the A272 last year... Just overtook a couple of tin boxes and tooooo hot into the corner... Oh my asss did some twitching. Still it put some manners into me lol. Glad ur both ok.

17. wilkie

wilkie Active Member

waterlooville mate, you?

18. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Im down Southsea mate, Albert Road... though my Bike stays in Denmead, its better for the 'chavs' health it being up there :)

Hopefully be doing a mini meet soon mate, i started a thread try and make it?