Hi

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Watty, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Watty

Watty Active Member

I currently ride a bandit 600 but have a work van, In august im changing jobs and will lose the van. Im going to be stepping into the world of riding all year round, im toying with the idea of riding a cbr1000 all year (new blade). does anyone on here do the same and have any issues apart from maybe back ache please let me know it would be much appreciated.

thanks

#1 Watty, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Watty & welcome :D

I ride all year on my Blade from Camberley to West London daily. It's about 66 miles a day roundtrip. I find it no problems at all, even on the back and wrists.

The only thing I dont like is riding a nice bike in the crappy British winter. This winter was particularly rubbish! There is so much salt on the road that you need to at least rinse your bike off as much as possible to avoid corrosion. This is not always possible after work (as it's dark at 4pm!) and there were many times when the local wash was closed as it was frozen over!

So other than that I'd say go for it :Banane09:

3. Watty

Watty Active Member

thanks good to have a place i can get straight answers.

my journey wont be quite aslong so i think you've convinced me, though it didnt take much.

Think i'll head down while 0% is on, pics to follow :)

4. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Cool :)

Some great deals to be had at the moment from dealers local to you. You can get loads of bits free, 0% and still pay under list price!

5. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

Welcome to the site :)

6. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Yeah I used to ride a Fireblade all year round (which is perfectly fine except in snow!), but lately have been switching to my KTM when the roads get salted.
    Key considerations for me really are corrosion and extra mileage (both resulting in reduced value).
    If you're going to do it, spray the brakes with clean water as often as you can.