HM GP Quickshifter V2.0 released!

Discussion in 'HM Quickshifter' started by Toby LeRone, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Toby LeRone

Toby LeRone Active Member

Hey everybody.

As some of you may know we have recently been at the official IRTA Moto2/3 tests in Spain recently.

While there we released a new software and firmware update for the HM GP quickshifter. This new update is amazing it has to be said. Beside some little bits that help make this shifter remain as the very best money can buy the one big feature for you guys is now you can control how the power comes back in after a shift.

This is simply called a Power reintroduction strategy. It has 5 presets, Very Fast, Fast, Medium, Soft and Very Soft. It can also be fully tuned manually by the user to how they want it.
    And you simply tick a box when you want a coil to fire and untick a box when you do not want one. We recommend you try the presets first and go from there. Different settings can be applied to different gears so you could have it set to MEDIUM for 1st -2nd and FAST for all the others or however you want!!

Note, Very Fast would be what you had in the previous versions.

You will also need to download and install the new HM GP PC Software too. This is V2.1
    To install simply download the new firmware hex file located on the download section of our website. Open the PC Software and go to the FIRMWARE tab. Before you carry on I recommend you save the current config by clicking FILE in the top left and save config. Now click on Load Hex File and select the firmware you just downloaded. Now click UPDATE FIRMWARE and watch the new firmware be installed.

Then when it is complete just go through and check all the previous settings are still there and you will now notice the new tab for the Power Reintroduction Strategy.

Now go, play and have fun smile emoticon

http://hmquickshifter.com/download/

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Any good for a 2005 blade?

3. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Martin, the way I read that is there is a firmware update for the gp shifter (and pc software to give/show additional options) which gives new options to the gp such as the speed at which the start is fully restored at the coils, this update can be flashed to any gp shifter that has been purchased and currently running the older firmware version 1.1 I think it was.

It is not an actual new version of the gp shifter itself just the firmware running on it.

I am pretty sure the gp would run nicely on a 2005 blade too. :)

Edit: Oooooh this was my 1500th post! ;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Maarten

Maarten New Member

Update went smooth...:) !! thx. 12 more days until 1st test :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Maarten

Maarten New Member

Update went smooth...:) !! thx. 12 more days until 1st test :D