HM Plus SS - Settings help please

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by morpheus20170, Jul 3, 2020.

1. morpheus20170

morpheus20170 Active Member

I have posted this in the HM Quickshifter part too but wasn’t sure it would be seen so apologies for posting again.
    I would appreciate some advice.
    I have had the HM Plus shifter on my 06 Blade before and I will always remember how it felt when I first rode away from HM Racing in Orpington and I have now moved to the Plus SS but it isn’t as slick as I would like it.
    When it was fitted the garage didn’t use the shift rod that was used with the Plus saying it was too short to have the lever where it was since going back to standard/factory shift.
    I have looked at the kill time and changed it from 65 that it was set to as standard to 70 but I feel that I need to place a bit morepressure on the shift lever than I would like and I was advised by the very helpful HM Quickshifter staff to change the kill time first.
    Can anyone advise me please and can I view the settings without going into setup?
    Best wishes
    Paul

2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

to be honest I’m. I’m not sure the SS is best for the 06blade! Am sure I’ve seen other members have problems with the SS model on older blades as it was designed for the 08 plus bikes, you would have been better sticking with the plus model for your bike

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kev.b

kev.b Well-Known Member

I agree the HM SS is not great on the 06 Blade .I have never been able to set mine up very well.