HM quickshifter

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Dave V, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350475806.713767.jpg

After a season of just riding the bike and other than servicing and tyres not spent a penny on, decided it needed some love.

So I gave HM a call and swiftly dropped the bike off Monday. Due to work i had to wait until today to pick the bike up today from Ben and Lee, thanks for looking after my bike gents.

Although I had to rush back to work and the heaven's opening, first impressions are what an awesome toy, can't wait to get on a decent ride out.

Although it does take a bit to get used to changing up without backing off the throttle, well a couple of miles, i quickly gained confidence in the smooth gear changes. Found myself slowing down, changing down just so I could have a go at pinning it and go up through the gears.

Better report to follow once I get a ride out under my belt, but if you've been thinking about getting one think no more and go for it, well worth the money as less than a decent can.

#1 Dave V, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Well i am thinking about it. how much did it cost you, including fitting if you dont mind me asking

3. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

They normally retail at £408.50 and if bought from HM they will fit it free.

I was lucky enough to have the bike chosen for the fitting tutorial so the guys were kind enough to give me 20% off as a thanks for the use of the bike.

Seen these fitted before, would suggest these guys really know what their doing as have hid the controller (under the seat), unlike some I've seen.

#3 Dave V, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  4. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Thats not too bad then as it includes fitting. Do you know if they have any fitting centres up north

5. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Will have to compare it to another 10/11 blade and see the difference you gain from it.Then HM will sell more.Performance can vs quickshifter maybe.

6. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Me and a mate tested just that, 07 v 07 with shifter, each gear is about a car length there is no way a non shifter bike can keep pace with one fitted.... Be nice to get a vid but in my case at the time.....not a good idea.. ;)

7. Alblade

Alblade God Like

AndyP6?? tested my bike with one fitted, he loved it and his bike felt sluggish and a bit porridge like compared to the QS equipped bike!

I cannot understand why Honda not did not work with somebody like HM to fit them to the 12 model year blade or at least offer as a dealer fit extra.

8. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

That's a good improvement on standard.Better start saving my pennies.

9. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

I guess for the road it's a novelty.............but it's a good one :D for track and race it's a must have!

Let's face it how many mods give you HUGE grin factor day in day out.....lol

10. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Agree with Art, the bike will definitely be quicker

11. Toby LeRone

Toby LeRone Active Member

Many thanks Dave for bringing in your bike and letting us use it.

Looked amazing to start with but even better now ;)

12. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

No worries mate, a pleasure.

Finally got out on it today, looked nice weather when I got up, soon turned shit especially as I took so long to get ready (sorry Jimbo)

Had a reasonable tear up, although trying to keep pace with Forrest in the damp and cold is a feat!

It awesome, definitely better the harder the bikes rides.

Did it make me any quicker- who cares, it made me smile!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Sounded awesome popping through the gears... I'll have to try yours before I stick one On the r1! ;)

Was a good crack mate, shame wasn't so nice coming back but still a good ride out!