Holidays

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dessp2, Apr 3, 2019.

1. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I can see the appeal. Myself and the missus were in La Palma about 5 years ago and there were cruise ships coming and going all the time. I was thinking that it'd be quite interesting to know where they were off to.

2. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Much prefer a bit of independent traveling, not a fan of all inclusive being cooped up with the same people all of the time.
    Freedom to do what you want, when you want, eat and drink where you want and with whom you want, now that's my idea of a perfect holiday.

#22 bradt, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Pay as you go for me.
    Off to Skiathos for a couple of weeks next month, just renting a quad and exploring, great little island, love it there,
    Then a couple of weeks in October in the Mid West dropping into Chicago to start, just booked flights and covered off an hotel for both weekends up in Green Bay so will catch a game, and will stop and drop for the rest of the trip.

• Like Like x 2
  4. blink

blink Well-Known Member

I have never done an all inclusive thing, to me, it looks ghastly, up at set times, meals at set times, all in the same place for two weeks.

I have been to resorts, but never even had a drink in the hotel, but as my friend organises holidays for us, we are going to benidorm old town in december...

I booked a holiday for July, to Budapest, booked flights only, then a hotel. It worked out cheaper than a package city break. This comes after spending 5 days in Edinburgh, where we spent a grand on beer.

I like city breaks, we like walking between pubs, no driving, nothing, just relaxing, walking, taking in the sights, no schedule

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Huh? £200 per day on beer? Between two of you? No wonder your leathers were tight!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. blink

blink Well-Known Member

I have never done an all inclusive thing, to me, it looks ghastly, up at set times, meals at set times, all in the same place for two weeks.

I have been to resorts, but never even had a drink in the hotel, but as my friend organises holidays for us, we are going to benidorm old town in december...

I booked a holiday for July, to Budapest, booked flights only, then a hotel. It worked out cheaper than a package city break. This comes after spending 5 days in Edinburgh, where we spent a grand on beer.

I like city breaks, we like walking between pubs, no driving, nothing, just relaxing, walking, taking in the sights, no schedule

down 2.5 stone, cant say i feel better, but i look better

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Blink
    Budapest is a great place to visit went there last year, lots of places to visit and reasonably cheap to eat and drink.
    Have fun

8. blink

blink Well-Known Member

well, i looked at street view and was aghast.

Im an urban photographer, so practically wet myself. Gonna have to start stocking up on film now

• Like Like x 1
  9. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Some amazing architecture, once you are past the rows of communist built blocks of flats on the way out from the airport.

10. blink

blink Well-Known Member

anything communist/soviet/brutalist also makes me wet myself

11. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

So here we are, week into a holiday, quadding all over Skiathos with some real decent off road stuff, then a rainy Monday, end up slipping on a wet landing at the hotel , knocked senseless and end result is a small fracture to the skull.
    Duly listened to the quack about 4-6 weeks recovery, headache was a monster through Tuesday, eased a bit today, quad sitting in car park tempting me, wife cracked finally, and we’re back on it today, you only live once ish :)

#31 Kentblade, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  12. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Take it easy fella...
    Going to do some "quadding" when we go away this year.