Honda CBR 1000RR Vs BMW S 1000 RR Vs Yamaha YZF R1

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Edward1990, Jul 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. bradt

bradt Elite Member

I've had 2 R1s plus a number of other 1000s and 750s but can honestly say the blade is by far the best bike I've ever ridden, just does everything you expect and more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. raphael

raphael Elite Member

just does everything you expect and more.[/QUOTE]

pretty much why I cant make up my mind about selling mine:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

Yep, I've commuted and been out on long day trips on my 2017 blade - best bike i've had for whatever mood you're in: easy to ride slowly around town, easy to be relaxed and potter around on, easy to handle should some annoying Audi or BMW driver annoy you and you want to get the hell out of there.. oh and more than enough power to frighten the hell out of any sane person doing a track day on one.
    Not as reliable as I'd hoped though. I've only had minor niggles, but the front brake switch on mine has been replaced twice now, and I had all manner of hot start problems that turned out to be a battery behaving badly. Not bad though for the 15k miles I've clocked up so far.. I've been tempted by the BMW S1000RR as a change rather than anything wrong with my blade, but the BMW Motorad dealer didn't want to take my bike as part exchange.. I've noticed there is an offer now though for taking part ex and adding £500 to the book price against any "in stock" BMW.. still not enough to tempt me away from my machine though.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Seen that offer sit tight all come December these offers will increase still Apr % to high some car brands now massive discounts and contributions although I know bikes are much more lower volumes but there will be deals to be had Ducati 1000 accs voucher but they always do that this time of year 7.9% Apr so they are soon making that back...

• Like Like x 1
  5. NS400R

NS400R Elite Member

There will be deals to be had. Especially after the jobless increase takes its toll. We face tough times.

• Agree Agree x 1