Honda FireBlade 929 RR

Discussion in 'Bikes For Sale' started by Mattie660, Feb 24, 2019.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Agree with above.

To add to that, when there's purchasers prepared to pay what might be termed 'silly money' for some of these bikes (and I am guilty of that) it further perpetuates the increasing prices because the next seller sees that as the benchmark.

• Like Like x 1
  2. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

True. Another thing of note, old sports bikes from the 70's and 80's are only now fetching reasonably strong money as prior to this (and the rise in the number of motorcyclists) there was nothing comparable. These days, people have seen the rise of them and assumed that bikes 10 or 20 years newer will go the same way in 10 or 20 years time and start to collect them and store them, but this means there will always be a larger number of them in existence and the rise won't be as great as a percentage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

I only see mk1 of anything being collatable and going up in value, what does the 1st fireblade fetch

4. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

and what year was it

5. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Another thought, there seems to be more disposable income these days to purchase investments. Our very own NRB is testament to that.

6. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

The 92 White and Purple bikes we're talking about above. Now fetching £6-£7.5k.

7. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

My mint 98 4XV R1 sold last January for £2500 with 40k on it in the best colour (Blue) yet the Red/White ones with 12k on the clock are fetching £6.5k as they were the colour nobody wanted back in 98!

Like the 99 R6 in silver/orange no-one wanted them so they will be the next ones to climb I reckon.

My brother in law purchased a 99 5EB R6 in 99 and still has it in mint original condition in Blue and he'd take £5k for it. I reckon it'll be worth £10k in a few years as they were all either crashed, raced or ragged. His has 3700 mile on it and all the original bits are boxed and unmarked!

IMG_2686.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

seems a bargain for something iconic, something I might look in to, when I sell mine, what year was it they made the head lights bit more modern, there was a tiger one for sale for around 5k I think, looked mint,
    the r6 was the reason I took my bike test, never got one though,

9. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Think that was around 2003. They go well but you really need to rag them and rev the tits off them before they go though.

Typical 90's 600 I suppose.

10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Shown it before (but newer members haven't seen it) but I am so proud to be the 'caretaker' of this. It is also a classic example of escalating values.

VF 1..jpg
    VF 2..jpg VF 6..jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Flatty

Flatty New Member

That is beautiful. Is he selling? I'd emphasise that I'm looking for a nice summer bike, not an investment.

12. Flatty

Flatty New Member

Funnily enough, that's exactly how I see my cars, as a caretaker. My first classic was an absolutely beautiful midnight blue white leather jag xjs, which I absolutely loved, but I sold only because I didn't have a heated garage and didn't feel I could look after it properly (they rust like crazy)

• Like Like x 3
  13. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Yeah, £5k would take it. No offers.
    Battery on a tender and tank brimmed and treated with Silkolene FS1. Not MOTD in two years but it was laid up for 10 years and it’s first mot in that time saw it requiring new fork seals and the carbs stripping and cleaning out which is when he started to use FS1. Inside of tank rust rust free and 1 minor paint defect on the very edge of the top fairing where it caught the wall and was touched in. Not a mark on it anywhere else. It was then used for three years in which time he put about 300 miles in it then he purchased a brand new pre registered Gixer 6. It’s immaculate and wants for nothing. You won’t find another in this condition. Not actively selling it but said it could go for £5k no less.

14. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

His Gixer is 2014 and has 680 miles on it!

15. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

He wouldn’t care what you’d want to do with it, he has no sentiment. He bare metal restored a Mk1 Astra GTE 25 years back which also got laid up at the same time as the R6 and sold it 3 years ago. I couldn’t have but he had no sentiment that’s why his price is firm as it doesn’t matter if it stays there forever.

16. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Frig me! There's actually someone around who does fewer miles than me?:rolleyes:;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Flatty

Flatty New Member

Thanks I've just done a bit of research, and it's not really for me tbh. I have the blade coming anyhow, and it doesn't sound much more comfy than a Duke, which I'm looking at as a summer commutery type bike. Thanks though. I'm sure as these things go it will be a decent investment, but I'm not looking for an investment as such, and the reviews of the electrics are a bit off putting (I know that an italian bike will be the same or worse :))

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Just for interest, what's the deal with the R6 electrics?

19. Flatty

Flatty New Member

Just read the owner reviews on mcn
    Many said to avoid. Electrics by mitsubishi, which seems to be a bad thing

20. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

My 40k R1 didn’t seem to be an issue.:p

No probs matey, not mine anyroads.;)