Hottrax @ Oulton Park 19th February

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Jase, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Getting there - just had you trying to work out how to use a front padock stand - you appear to struggle....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alblade

Alblade God Like

This is my closest call - seriously thought I was a gonna, If I had braked and stood bike up I'd have hit his rear wheel I am sure

https://vimeo.com/87227874

3. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Have you had any comeback from Hottrax Al? I'd be writing to head office that they need to practice what they preach! The briefing guy made such a big deal about close overtakes too!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Putting video together of it all Steve - I was quite shaken up after that pass to be honest, more hacked off that after the guy who did the pass under the chicane then passed loads of bikes under red flags was still allowed on track and not sent packing.

If he has an ACU licence it should be suspended for a few months as he clearly can't spot or obey marshals and track rules

5. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Here is early edit , its about 2/3 of the day and I've not had a proper look through the rear facing camera footage.

https://vimeo.com/87231710

Will tidy it up - it was a good day overall - but could have been so much better I think - think there is a lot to be said for the 'Chrono' days FE run to get groups more closely matched.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jase

Jase Elite Member

Al I wouldn't let this trackday put you off others the groups were a complete cock up IMO and the problems we had in group 1 was there was clearly novice riders who were on a 1000cc+ and then fast group riders and put the two together is a real problem.Those close overtakes did look very close and I would send it to hottrax and point out the way the grouping was done was a complete joke.

This day was all about the ACU course and the track time that needed, but they needed to make it a trackday to help pay for it and in doing so they didn't seem to be bothered how the level of riders was grouped just presuming someone on a 1000cc knew what they were doing on track ,I mentioned when I first booked in group 1 it was described as fast road riding which as all track riders know it's nothing like .:eek:

Doing it No Limits way with 3 groups you normally won't have a problem like you experienced , sure as Steve said you will still get some fast lads in inters so they stand out as really fast but put them in fast group and suddenly they don't look that good.For me No Limits run the whole trackday spot on with groups,sighting laps,going from the pit lane etc so hopefully Al we will see you on a trackday soon but with No Limits.:D

#106 Jase, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

That is naughty for a trackday if he's out racing I'll show him s bit of fairing for you buddy lol . All joking apart you done well to hold your line you helped him out really cause if you would of stood up on brakes it is likely he would be the one sore afterwards

8. Marion

Marion Well-Known Member

When I got home on Wednesday I actually emailed Hottrax via their web site to point out how unsafe I thought this day was. In fact Al and I had quite a chat about it and those there knew I had an issue with one chap in particular. Still no reply from them though!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Slick

Slick Elite Member

crikey that was close, was wondering how well the 2 groups thing would work with Hottrax, put me right off. Still put tossers like that in any Trackday format and he'll still endanger others. That's just pure reckless and selfish. Good thing you kept you nerve and avoided contact, - karma:)

10. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Footage of the 'Rapid Reaction Force' aka Steve, Jase and Andy has been located...no rush guys, you take your time..

https://vimeo.com/87306259

11. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

We didn't have no rehearsal or nuffink! You came in screaming like a banshee so we just assumed you'd been overtaken on track and was spitting your dummy out like! :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Alblade

Alblade God Like

• Like Like x 3
  14. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Good vid Al! Did hottrax email you back?

15. Si.

Si. God Like

:eek:

16. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Not written to them yet - I need to put together the 4 items in a single film with maybe a title to each, the chap overtaking under red flags on 2 sessions, and being allowed back on track after that having spoken to Hottrax at the time who said they would deal with it.

17. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

What was the chap riding who passed and ignored reds? Got a still?

The guy who passed you round the outside in that video is a superstock 600/1000 racer I'm not sure but it could be James lodge, shocking move that.

Needless to say the whole Hottrax days this month situation is a farce, when they announced them last month they clearly stated they would be proper ACU only days, with groups set to match abilitys of the various classes.

I'm not expecting great track time at cadwell tomorrow, I have a feeling there will be lots of reds.

18. Alblade

Alblade God Like

In my opinion they should have run it 'road bikes and total novice' in one group and track bikes in the other

I can try and grab a still shot of who you say is James Lodge - camera was running at 50 frames per second but sadly at low resolution, but rear cam was full HD 30 FPS.
    I take it you mean having my nose chopped off not the chap who ignored the reds - I can get a still of him as he lined up behind me - infact in the long video you get a good close up.

I think with a bit of editing the footage I have would spread pretty quick if I edit it well with comments / stills etc.

Would take the ACU to have some balls and suspend race licences for 3 months from start of season to change attitudes I think but know it wont happen

19. Alblade

Alblade God Like

OK - so the red flag moves are here:

Red flag 1 - In this clip I put lots of pre pass footage so you can see all the red flags clearly

https://vimeo.com/87357378

20. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Red Flag 2 - You can see Sinewave following in this one

https://vimeo.com/87357503

I just need to double check my mind 100% that is two different events but 99.9% it is - with running cameras both ways for all sessions = lots of footage!