Hottrax @ Oulton Park 19th February

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Jase, Feb 4, 2014.

1. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Ma waz a good boy, ma waz Boss! ;)

If he is a Racer he's aint very good, I overtook him on every session! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Ok folks,

Any thoughts on this as 'feedback' on the day - appreciate Marion, Sinewave prob. best able to comment - don't want to come over as too nerdy but feel I have valid points

https://vimeo.com/87360581

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Just posted the following on the Hottrax Facebook page

Hello Hottrax,

Here is my review of last Wednesday at Oulton Park

https://vimeo.com/87360581

I was surprised you are happy to let riders continue their day after such blatant disrespect for the red flags displayed.

I did point out I had all this on film so this should not be a surprise to you to see it published. I have footage of the rider who ignores the red flags in following sessions after you said 'I will go and deal with this' when I said '2 strikes and your days ends'

4. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Agree matey!

BTW, you'd make a good lawyer! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. sinewave

sinewave God Like

BTW what were you using as a Rear Camera?

I'm after a cheaper option for my 'Rear End' than the Drift Ghost HD I use up front?

6. Alblade

Alblade God Like

The rear camera is the £50 Hitachi GoPro clone sold by Argos - they are are all sold now I think

I would look for a used HD GoPro from ebay or similar - I am impressed with quality but need more secure mountain - the compressed carrymat wobbled a bit - all a learning curve - ideally I need to find a way to bolt a GoPro base onto the box.

7. Marion

Marion Well-Known Member

Left a comment on Facebook !

8. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Saw that - be interesting how they respond to it. Esp the note about 'you were told customer ignored red flags twice and you let him stay on track'

I understand the actions of riders is out of their hands, but not 1 person was pulled or groups swapped round.

Your best bet may be to see if Bike magazine are doing their 'road bike only' days which are totally different

9. Marion

Marion Well-Known Member

Did a no limits track day in November and didn't have a problem. Think I will stick with them in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  10. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Nowhere near the level of quality of No Limits Marion, but for the price and time of year it was worth it in my book. You should have gone over and slapped his face with myself and Andy stood behind you!
    That said, I wouldn't book with them again if No Limits were offering a day close to theirs.

11. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Me neither, but £49 is a veritable bargain for a thrilling ride!

The only thing cheaper is one of Crewe's many teenage Polish Hookers! [​IMG]

12. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Here are some shots as requested of the nice friendly pass I experienced

craig still1.jpg

craig still2.jpg

craig10.JPG

craig11.JPG

craig12.JPG

#132 Alblade, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  13. Alblade

Alblade God Like

And Hottrax removed the post and comments with video link from their Facebook page with no note to me

14. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Yeah noticed that Al

15. Marion

Marion Well-Known Member

Haha I was looking for your video yesterday and couldn't find it, I assume the took my comment off also. Anyway I seem to have had more luck than you with them. Here is my reply

Dear Marion

Thank you for your email and your feedback - I am sorry that you were disappointed with the track day at Oulton Park last week.

We will take your comments into consideration if we run any trackdays in the future.

Kind regards
    Karen Mabbutt
    [email protected]
    Tel: 08455 193197
    Hottrax Motorsport Racing Club

The information contained in this message may be confidential and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of the information, or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message. Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus, or other defect which might affect any computer or system into which they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Hottrax Motorsport Racing Club Ltd. for any loss or damage from receipt or use thereof. Should you wish to communicate with us by e-mail we cannot guarantee the security of any data outside our own computer systems.

On 19 Feb 2014, at 18:33, [email protected] wrote:

:

Track day Oulton Park. 19.02.14

I have returned home after riding in your above track day, booked several weeks ago. At the time of booking the two groups were 600 and 1000 as myself and partner share the same bike and it's a 750 we contacted you regarding the groups we should be in. I was put into 600 my
    Partner the 1000. However, since booking the groupings have been changed I was put in group 2.
    I have several years of road riding and taken part in several track days. I think the groupings covered too wide a scope of ability. I felt completely swamped by riders so much faster than me and also the overtaking of some of the riders left me with very little room in fact one rider cut me up three times! My decision to go on track was to improve my riding and corner speeds but I feel I have achieved neither of these today. I also feel that I may have held people up and was at some points feeling pressurised to ride beyond my limits.
    After attending the briefing his morning safety seemed to be top priority but there were times on track I felt unsafe with the overtaking manoeuvres around me. In fact I am sat here feeling very disillusioned with my ability.
    After talking to some people there today I know I am not on my own regarding speed and overtaking by some riders.
    I have enjoyed myself today but at the expense of confidence and safety!
    Just wanted to give you some feedback because unless you know individuals views things will never change.

Marion Wakefield

Company Name:
    Full Name: Marion Wakefield
    E-Mail Address: [email protected]
    Street Address:
    City:
    County/State:
    Post Code:
    Telephone Number:

IP: 109.154.20.40

16. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Good on yer Marion! It's people like you that get's things changed. Although from their recent actions of deleting posts and vids on Facebook I won't be holding my breath! This almost puts them down there in the depths with Focused Events!
    Think we'll stick with No Limits in future! :)

• Like Like x 2